• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

So in other words, at TH9, I should upgrade ATs and Xbows last to keep my match rank down?

Absolutely

When you go up a town hall, this is what you want your update progression to look like (just personal opinion, also only including building that deal with war rank):

1. Troops- if you're bringing max TH9 defenses into your war rank and max TH10 troops in for your attack, you're attacking power is above your defensive weight, huge advantage in war.
2. Traps- this one is simple, low rank and the defense cant see that they are maxed. Bombs help with hogs and balloons with air attacks.
3. Walls- easy to upgrade with gold while increasing troop level. I pair my troops/walls at the beginning of a TH phase
4. Teslas- not sure what they carry as far as weight but they are the strongest DPS defense in the game and opponents cant factor them into their attack since they are hidden.
5. Archer Towers- one of the best defenses at higher levels
6. Sweeper- low war weight
7. Air Defense- you're gonna get lavalooned a lot
8. Cannons- do decent damage vs GoWiPe and GoWiWi
9. Wizard- not as useful due to lack of barching in high levels
10. Mortars- see above
11. Inferno- by this point your troops should be maxed and walls looking good
12. Xbow- worst defense in the game

Again, just my personal opinions

Absolutely

When you go up a town hall, this is what you want your update progression to look like (just personal opinion, also only including building that deal with war rank):

1. Troops- if you're bringing max TH9 defenses into your war rank and max TH10 troops in for your attack, you're attacking power is above your defensive weight, huge advantage in war.
2. Traps- this one is simple, low rank and the defense cant see that they are maxed. Bombs help with hogs and balloons with air attacks.
3. Walls- easy to upgrade with gold while increasing troop level. I pair my troops/walls at the beginning of a TH phase
4. Teslas- not sure what they carry as far as weight but they are the strongest DPS defense in the game and opponents cant factor them into their attack since they are hidden.
10. Mortars- see above

This lines up exactly with what I did when I stepped up to TH9, except I did mortars earlier because they were cheap and I'm prioritizing air defense over archer tower. I still think that upgrading my walls first is jumping my war rank dramatically, though. Lots of peeps ranked below me with better defenses and worse walls. IDK.

Walls could be weighted more now? I'll look into it. I thought I remember the UMD guys posting on here as well a few months ago that they were running walls because the hardly brought any weight to war.

Absolutely

10. Mortars- see above

Where would upgrading DE drills go in this list? I just turned TH9 and have been prioritizing DE over troops.

I was just going off of war weight for buildings. As far as first thing you do when you move up, it would look like something below:

1. Spell Factory/Laboratory
2. Barracks (If low level TH/not as important at TH 9/10)
3. DE drills
4. Whats posted above in war weight/storages as needed
5. Mines/collectors

During the whole process you will be upgrading your heroes while also upgrading your DE troops (with a focus on 1. Hogs 2. Golems 3. Witches). Upgarde your heroes when regular elixir troops are in the lab.

I really appreciate your thoughts SD3. One more question if I may, where would you place upgrading camps, same as Barracks at #2?

Yeah I knew I was forgetting something. Camps are definitely near the very top. I'd put them at 1.5. Also that reminds me of the clan castle as well. If you're doing thinks correctly, and you move up with fully filled gold/elixir storages, I'd use all my elixir on spell factory/lab and my gold on CC. Right off the start. So add cc to tier 1.

4 camps + 1 cc = 25 extra troop space

Absolutely

10. Mortars- see above

Only thing I would change would be switch AT for AD's lot lower weight and help vs LaLoon (which I royally suck at much better at hogging)

This lines up exactly with what I did when I stepped up to TH9, except I did mortars earlier because they were cheap and I'm prioritizing air defense over archer tower. I still think that upgrading my walls first is jumping my war rank dramatically, though. Lots of peeps ranked below me with better defenses and worse walls. IDK.

I've found the exact opposite to be true for war weights. Walls @ heroes seem to have a much smaller war weighting than defenses.

I think I'm about to quit on this one. After leaving SD3s clan disbanded I followed another player from their to his other clan. They were super active, but mostly brits and Indians, and also giant vaginas. They kicked a guy for saying 'bastard'. They then kicked me for no reason, and even before the end of a war where I had gotten 5 stars, before I could claim my loot.

I joined Toog's clan yesterday, only to have them let me in and then kick me after I had donated like 100 troops. I am a better player than like 85% of their clan. Should have known not to trust underarmor wearing mid-atlantic public school filth.

I think I figured it out. I have two lvl 1 xbows. all the TH9s in my clan war-ranked below me have 0 or 1. Seems to me you can upgrade literally every other defense but the xbow trumps all for war rank. I wish I could sell back one of the damn things.

I think I'm about to quit on this one. After leaving SD3s clan disbanded I followed another player from their to his other clan. They were super active, but mostly brits and Indians, and also giant vaginas. They kicked a guy for saying 'bastard'. They then kicked me for no reason, and even before the end of a war where I had gotten 5 stars, before I could claim my loot.

I joined Toog's clan yesterday, only to have them let me in and then kick me after I had donated like 100 troops. I am a better player than like 85% of their clan. Should have known not to trust underarmor wearing mid-atlantic public school filth.

That's funny, I've been in a long time with no issues. What is you COC name, and who kicked you?

As far as your loot..... you still get it even if you're not in the clan at the end of the war.

Yeah not sure why TAB would be kicked. Always donates and uses both war attacks

No idea who you were TAB. We have a formal app process, it's likely someone let you in that shouldn't have--we are working out the kinks. What is your user name?

I think I figured it out. I have two lvl 1 xbows. all the TH9s in my clan war-ranked below me have 0 or 1. Seems to me you can upgrade literally every other defense but the xbow trumps all for war rank. I wish I could sell back one of the damn things.

yep, xbows are the heaviest, until infernos.

ok, we were wondering about you. Chat was super busy so you joining scrolled off. No one knew who you were and we aren't taking unknown 10s right now so that's why you were kicked. IF you are still interested pm me or apply back and we will take a look. It surely wasn't personal.

Toogs whats the process with your feeder clan? Can you earn entry into the higher clan or is it just a place for non MD people to fit in for war?

Back