• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

Sorry it wasn't a good fit, glad you found a home.

It's not gaming the system to ask that people not upgrade their weight to a point they can't consistently 2-3 star similar weights. Your heroes are just too low for you to do that at your extremely high weight.

Level is utterly meaningless. You are what is known as a rusher, and you didn't show any ability to 2 a similar weight 10. This is why we typically don't take 10s at all but we gave you a shot.

Rushing is a completely viable way to play the game. Many love it and want to get the newest stuff or highest upgrades as quickly as possible, at the expense of walls and heroes. There's nothing wrong with that, it just makes you a liability in a serious war clan, which is how we have chosen to play the game.

Last edited:
i re-downloaded to check out new stuff. where should i join?

Sorry it wasn't a good fit, glad you found a home.

It's not gaming the system to ask that people not upgrade their weight to a point they can't consistently 2-3 star similar weights. Your heroes are just too low for you to do that at your extremely high weight.

Level is utterly meaningless. You are what is known as a rusher, and you didn't show any ability to 2 a similar weight 10. This is why we typically don't take 10s at all but we gave you a shot.

Rushing is a completely viable way to play the game. Many love it and want to get the newest stuff or highest upgrades as quickly as possible, at the expense of walls and heroes. There's nothing wrong with that, it just makes you a liability in a serious war clan, which is how we have chosen to play the game.

This is silly, but okay.

First of all I recorded the highest 2 star in the 1 war I participated in. All of your other TH10s in that clan failed to 2 star a TH10. I would have also 2 starred on my second attack, but I wasnt able to attack who I wanted. Your #1 called their 1 and 2, and then he didnt use his 2nd attack. Your #3 didnt use their second attack either.

I will agree with you that the one war I participated in turned on the fact that their top players were able to 2 star the terp top 5 and the terp top 5 only recorded 1 two star attack on their top 5 (my attack).

While only building walls lets you game the matchup system, it doesn't really help you that much, since a base with high end walls but shitty archer towers, mortars and Xbows (like yours, for instance) is beatable every time.

I guess enjoy your 'serious' war clan, but don't equate serious with good. The level metric is what the game itself uses to rank players and clans, but you can move the goalposts all you want. There are still hundreds if not thousands of clans with more war wins, and most of those guys arent gaming the system by seeking matchups with only 2-3 TH10s.

I guess my overall point is why even take something 'seriously' when you guys are still like the 2000th best clan by any metric? Maybe the same logic was applied by thinking you were a 'serious' student while attending UMD. :plos:

I'm not sure where to start or if there is a point, but we don't seek matchups with 2-3 tens. We have 5 tens in our current TWB2 matchup.

Pretty much all serious war clans avoid rushers.

My defenses are all max9 or one off of max. I am typically two starred by a nine or three starred by a ten, such is life.

What "level metric" does the game use to rank players and clans?

Scub two-starred their #1, so you aren't even right about that.

Last edited:
Can i get some farming tips?

10 townhall
21 queen
20 king
lvl 6 archers giants barbs
max zards
max hogs, lvl 6 minions

10 townhall
21 queen
20 king
max zards
max hogs, lvl 6 minions

I think everybody's trying to figure it out with the new shield rules.

Some guys in my clan are having decent luck lurking down in Silver-land. They claim they're not being attacked very often and are finding plenty of dead bases to prey on. I'm doing OK in Gold 1 with a 20 giant 8 wiz 80 arch 4 wb army, but I'm only farming gold and DE. Farming regular elixir seems to be a lot tougher now.

10 townhall
21 queen
20 king
max zards
max hogs, lvl 6 minions

I'm still using AQH with basically the same setup you have except as a nine, and I rose to champs with it. The champs bonus is so sick. Def have to use spells more with AQH than we used to though since healers were slightly nerfed. Im mostly chasing DE though. A lot of our higher guys are still AQHing and the rest are basically bringing war armies and raiding less often.

I'm still using AQH with basically the same setup you have except as a nine, and I rose to champs with it. The champs bonus is so sick. Def have to use spells more with AQH than we used to though since healers were slightly nerfed. Im mostly chasing DE though. A lot of our higher guys are still AQHing and the rest are basically bringing war armies and raiding less often.

What is AQH exactly? googled it without success.

Yeah, its super gay. Basically take like a lvl 30 queen, and follow her with like 5 max healers. She will run around the perimeter and take out 30-40%, and you can clean up the rest with hogs and archers/minions or whatever.

Curious how it is supergay though. It's easily the most efficient DE accrual method.

Alright I redownloaded this weekend. What has changed in 4 years other than these lightning dragons just wrecking everything

sometimes blue town halls shoot at you. that gets weird

I would get thrown out of Toogs clan I bet. Not a great attacker TH10 and I just don't have the patience to reserve attacks and blog chat with people. I donate well though and am working on my heroes. currently King is being upgraded to 23 and queen is 21. My walls are about 50% legos.

S/o to Stan, dude is an attacking machine now. Constantly throwing down 3 stars in every war attack

S/o to Stan, dude is an attacking machine now. Constantly throwing down 3 stars in every war attack

Hey Stan my little brother quit playing and I took over his account, so you should come join us in Toogs clan now.

Anyone else on here still play other than Toogs, GAT, Stan, and I?

I haven't been in a clan in ages. I do the little wimpy battles with my alternative, halfassed base and that's about it. In the meantime, I upgrade my regular base when I have the gold, but haven't actually clashed with it in ages.

Back