• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

Dang, MHB. Nice to get another heavy hitter in the clan. I'm the tiny village named "nate" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of the clan rankings :)

Thanks guys. I don't really love my other clan, but I've been in for probably 2 years and feel a bit married to it. The leader is this old dude who keeps getting on my nerves.

One thing I've noticed with my other clan is that people don't protect their town hall enough in clan wars. They still try to use a base similar to what they've been using where they are either fully protecting storages or protecting town hall and some storages.

When I war, I pretty much sacrifice 1 star (anybody can do barbs and archers around entire base and get 50%), and try to make sure I don't get 2 starred. Some tips for this strategy:

1) put your castle and heroes with your TH in the center and make it as difficult as possible for attackers to draw them out. If you have your castle or hero on the perimeter, attackers will just drop 1 troop to get their attention, draw them away from fire, and kill them easily.
2) don't worry about protecting storages/mines/collectors. If you still want to put them inside walls, fine, but don't put them in the center with your TH.
3)put traps and bombs around defensive units to protect against the all hog rider attack.

If i think of more tips, ill post.

ok I just upgraded my phone today and it's starting me fresh in Clash of Clans. How do I just load my old shit?

Thanks guys. I don't really love my other clan, but I've been in for probably 2 years and feel a bit married to it. The leader is this old dude who keeps getting on my nerves.

One thing I've noticed with my other clan is that people don't protect their town hall enough in clan wars. They still try to use a base similar to what they've been using where they are either fully protecting storages or protecting town hall and some storages.

When I war, I pretty much sacrifice 1 star (anybody can do barbs and archers around entire base and get 50%), and try to make sure I don't get 2 starred. Some tips for this strategy:

1) put your castle and heroes with your TH in the center and make it as difficult as possible for attackers to draw them out. If you have your castle or hero on the perimeter, attackers will just drop 1 troop to get their attention, draw them away from fire, and kill them easily.
2) don't worry about protecting storages/mines/collectors. If you still want to put them inside walls, fine, but don't put them in the center with your TH.
3)put traps and bombs around defensive units to protect against the all hog rider attack.

If i think of more tips, ill post.
#1 is a good tip and also a good offensive strategy to kill heroes

I'm in the same boat. I'm in a pretty good clan with lots of donations and good leaders so I don't feel like I can jump ship to the unknown of ogboards.

That advice about storages is great for the wars, but what about being attacked outside the wars? You can't have your storages on the outside under normal circumstances.

I disagree about the town hall depending on your level. If you're high enough you can put it on the outside and draw many attacks on your base that all only get one star costing the other clan attacks that could have done better.

I jumped ship from a bunch of 4th graders and haven't looked back, although I kinda miss trying to recruit cute girls to our clan. Our clan leader would constantly post on the main message board 'recruiting girls to our clan'.

Strategizing a bit, I think i can 3 star the 3rd and 4th bases from the top. Do we want to just ignore #1 and #2 and focus on the rest?

I think another key is to punch them in the mouth within the first 15 minutes of the war. I know I get discourage and choose not to attack (waste my resources) when I see we are losing by a lot and its a lost cause. If we can get up early it may cause some to not attack

I generally attack their high level guys and get 2 stars. At work now so I will wait to see where we stand tonight when I get home.

Damn, so we are only renting MHB? Feel like the average joe clan from dodgeball...

Back