• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

USA Today released their FBS head coach salary rankings.

Clawson is #62 among FBS coaches, and last among ACC coaches in pay (there is no data on either Mark Richt's or Dino Babers' payment package): http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Only two non-interim Power V Conference coaches make less than Clawson: David Beatty at KS and Justin Wilcox at Cal.

Had no idea that Arizona paid Rich Rod the 5th highest salary among college football coaches. Brian Kelly is about to go from on the verge of losing his job to a big pay day.

Last edited:
USA Today released their FBS head coach salary rankings.

Clawson is #62 among FBS coaches, and last among ACC coaches in pay (there is no data on either Mark Richt's or Dino Babers' payment package): http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Only two non-interim Power V Conference coaches make less than Clawson: David Beatty at KS and Justin Wilcox at Cal.

Had no idea that Arizona paid Rich Rod the 5th highest salary among college football coaches. Brian Kelly is about to go from on the verge of losing his job to a big pay day.

I am extremely surprised they had Clawson's salary. Wake doesn't disclose athletic salaries unlike public universities who are required to have contracts be public record.

It would have been what is on the latest form 990 (a tax record all non profits are required to file, includes pay for top paid employees).

This means that the data runs on a time lag and wouldn’t reflect his pay under the extension signed earlier this year. Although, he’s probably only moved up one spot.

Some may disagree, but WF is getting the better of the deal. Excluding the 3 Power V coaches that with undisclosed salaries (and it's likely that Clawson makes less than two of those three if not all three), Clawson ranks 57th out of 61 Power V coaches in pay, and 5 American Conference coaches make more than Clawson.

UVA is paying Bronco Mendenhall $3.4 million, Illinois is paying Lovie Smith $3 million, Arkansas is paying Brett Bielema $4.2 million, Texas Tech pays Kliff Kingsbury $3.5 million. Yikes.

Interesting that Clawson's FY2014 comp (per the Form 990 filing) was $2.1M compared to the $1.8M listed in the USA Today database.

Assuming the $1.8M is from the FY2015 filing, the 2014 number must include a signing bonus.

I am not reading 18 pages but I can't believe people still doubt Clawson. Do you remember how bad we were at the end of the Grobe era?

A bit premature crowing today don't you think? Let's finish this off.

We just blew out the reigning Heisman Trophy winner. But IS HE THE GUY?!?

Players made plays.

That 7 minute grind it out drive was HUGE!!

People gonna be #madonline and fans gonna bitch on message boards but the reaction to losses against football programs such as FSU, Clemson and Georgia Tech -- two of which were on the road -- was always a little OTT

Lol every time some idiot posts a coach credibility thread the coach tells them to shove it up their ass. I love it

4th and inches from the pistol. No gain. they get the ball back and score 15 points in the last minute. We can not give them any opportunity to fuck us. C'mon Dave, give me a break!

We are definitely at our best in the full game hurry up. I think (hope) we see that the rest of the way. We've got great playmakers who can take it all the way at any time, especially against a D that is tired and chasing and can't sub. We need to play like Chip Kelly's Oregon teams. And I am confident Clawson now knows this is our identity. He said that's what we would do today, and he did it. And switched at the right time. And the RPO at the end was classic. F-you Petrino.... And now other teams know we will run that at the end, and Wolford is smart enough to be trusted to hold onto it if it isn't there, and can get a first on his own if there is some daylight. Dortch is un-fing-real. I knew he was going to be good out of Highland Springs, but never imagined this good this fast. He's in the conversation for ACC POY.

Back