• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

Since the day he was hired, I have felt like Clawson was a perfect fit for Wake. His track record at three previous schools is impressive with regard to year to year improvement. And while we may not have a better record than last year, this year's team is better. Clawson and his crew are getting it done.

On the other side of the field, Petrino is the perfect fit for Louisville. They have canned Zurich (the man who hired him) and Pitino. Louisville reminds of of one of those test questions to identify the one thing in a series that does not belong. They are the one school that does not make the ACC better. But things may change when they get a new AD. A new AD may not tolerate the way athletics have been run at UL...and may not tolerate Petrino.

Might as well get this off my chest, too. After the Orange Bowl loss, we were back at the hotel watching ESPNU, which included post game press conferences. When Petrino came on after his team having pulled it out in the 4th Q, he refused to say one good thing about WF or Grobe. He only talked about how poorly his team played and how they should have won by a larger margin. He was a jerk then, and he still is.

Dave Clawson is exactly the kind of coach you want at Wake. He will always try to make us proud and never embarrass us.

What a douchebag Petrino is. Not that we don't already know. Gonna check out the Louisville newspaper for his comments yesterday

Clawson, good job. Just which had shown some cajones in the F$U game. Keep it up. They suck. You can still get to 7 wins.

I don't know how likely he is to consider other positions but for that reason and because he's seemingly earned it, it'd be nice to see a moderate extension/raise. Nothing like the Jim Grobe 10 year behemoth but still a firm commitment to a great coach to ensure the good partnership continues for the near future.

He just got one last off-season.

I don’t think he will be pursued by a job big enough to justify moving. If next season is as good as it is setting up to be though...

I don't know how likely he is to consider other positions but for that reason and because he's seemingly earned it, it'd be nice to see a moderate extension/raise. Nothing like the Jim Grobe 10 year behemoth but still a firm commitment to a great coach to ensure the good partnership continues for the near future.
He got an 8-year extension last offseason.

I humbly suggest that it is time to retire or delete this thread. Any questions of credibility have been answered. I hope he keeps the intensity he and his staff have shown and retires here many years from now. The man can coach and he can lead young men. I am happy that my request was answered when Grobe “resigned” that I wanted Clawson And for once Mr Wellman came through.

Happy to be wrong about this season. But Syracuse isn't that good. Wasn't that also their back up QB? Regardless, if the Deacs win out and finish 8-4 I'll eat my crow.

It would take 8 wins against this years schedule for you to eat crow? 7 wouldn’t do it?

I humbly suggest that it is time to retire or delete this thread. Any questions of credibility have been answered. I hope he keeps the intensity he and his staff have shown and retires here many years from now. The man can coach and he can lead young men. I am happy that my request was answered when Grobe “resigned” that I wanted Clawson And for once Mr Wellman came through.

The thread was renamed from earlier. Either way, this isn’t a critical analysis thread of Clawson’s Credibility, but more of a performance metric. Either way, Clawson has really proved himself to be a good coach with back to back bowl seasons. I think a bigger test will be next season.

Going in to this season I was thinking with this schedule 5-7 was equivalent to the 7-5 or 8-4 we should have had with last year's schedule. In other words, 5-7 would not have been a set-back, 6 wins and another bowl would be a "statement". So sitting on the possibility of 7-9 wins is beyond my expectations fo' sho'.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get another "extension", where his contract doesn't change much, but he gets his assistants more money. That's how you keep good assistants, and that devastated Grobe's tenure. Wake has lost a slew of great ones over the years to higher paying jobs. Lambert, Hood, Calhoun, Mullen, Sherman, Galloway (DOUCHEBAG), and Elko.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get another "extension", where his contract doesn't change much, but he gets his assistants more money. That's how you keep good assistants, and that devastated Grobe's tenure. Wake has lost a slew of great ones over the years to higher paying jobs. Lambert, Hood, Calhoun, Mullen, Sherman, Galloway (DOUCHEBAG), and Elko.

Yet, we somehow kept your boy Lobo. Makes you wonder.

Playcalling is just questionable. Its the scheme that is unrealistic and unimaginative garbage. Its year four, and no change. Which means its never changing. Bye Bye Dave.

Nailed it.

Back