• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

Teams everywhere that run the spread continue to run spread formations in short yardage situations. Fans everywhere bitch about it.

I am not any kind of football x’s and o’s gurus, but I am going to assume that fans aren’t smarter than every spread coach out there.

Per NBC halftime most offensive yards we've posted since 1968. BKF was still a fan back then. Impressive

Teams everywhere that run the spread continue to run spread formations in short yardage situations. Fans everywhere bitch about it.

I am not any kind of football x’s and o’s gurus, but I am going to assume that fans aren’t smarter than every spread coach out there.

+eleventybillion

Since the day he was hired, I have felt like Clawson was a perfect fit for Wake. His track record at three previous schools is impressive with regard to year to year improvement. And while we may not have a better record than last year, this year's team is better. Clawson and his crew are getting it done.

On the other side of the field, Petrino is the perfect fit for Louisville. They have canned Zurich (the man who hired him) and Pitino. Louisville reminds of of one of those test questions to identify the one thing in a series that does not belong. They are the one school that does not make the ACC better. But things may change when they get a new AD. A new AD may not tolerate the way athletics have been run at UL...and may not tolerate Petrino.

Might as well get this off my chest, too. After the Orange Bowl loss, we were back at the hotel watching ESPNU, which included post game press conferences. When Petrino came on after his team having pulled it out in the 4th Q, he refused to say one good thing about WF or Grobe. He only talked about how poorly his team played and how they should have won by a larger margin. He was a jerk then, and he still is.

Dave Clawson is exactly the kind of coach you want at Wake. He will always try to make us proud and never embarrass us.

Since the day he was hired, I have felt like Clawson was a perfect fit for Wake. His track record at three previous schools is impressive with regard to year to year improvement. And while we may not have a better record than last year, this year's team is better. Clawson and his crew are getting it done.

On the other side of the field, Petrino is the perfect fit for Louisville. They have canned Zurich (the man who hired him) and Pitino. Louisville reminds of of one of those test questions to identify the one thing in a series that does not belong. They are the one school that does not make the ACC better. But things may change when they get a new AD. A new AD may not tolerate the way athletics have been run at UL...and may not tolerate Petrino.

Might as well get this off my chest, too. After the Orange Bowl loss, we were back at the hotel watching ESPNU, which included post game press conferences. When Petrino came on after his team having pulled it out in the 4th Q, he refused to say one good thing about WF or Grobe. He only talked about how poorly his team played and how they should have won by a larger margin. He was a jerk then, and he still is.

Dave Clawson is exactly the kind of coach you want at Wake. He will always try to make us proud and never embarrass us.

100% agree. Well said beachdeac.

In year 4 clawson has put together a top 35 level team. Well done.

Clawson can be kind of a dick. That said, I agree that I don't think he'd embarrass us

I mean, everyone has to be a little bit of a dick to be successful right?

Dumbass. Tick tock tick. That was what mattered

A first down would have ended the game and kept 15 points off the defensive stat sheet. Don't give Petrino, of all people, a chance to fuck us.

Clawson can be kind of a dick. That said, I agree that I don't think he'd embarrass us
Just from my limited interaction with him, he's great if you're on his side, but a dick of you oppose him. Just the type of coach I'd like to have.

Clawson holds grudges, and I’m glad.

He knows what he is doing.

Jim Grobe is a great guy who has probably never been called a dick.

Love them both, but I'll take Clawson.

As much as I love Grobie, he lacked the ability to be a dick and it hurt him as a coach at times. Clawson is a class guy which is what Wake needs, but he’s not afraid to not be nice when he needs to be. Grobie would’ve never let us run that play for the last TD and we probably would’ve been sweating out a 3 point win at best.

In year 4 clawson has put together a top 35 level team. Well done.

Bit of a stretch. Let's not forget we needed a miracle to beat App State.

That said, Clawson most definitely has the program headed in the right direction.

People gonna be #madonline and fans gonna bitch on message boards but the reaction to losses against football programs such as FSU, Clemson and Georgia Tech -- two of which were on the road -- was always a little OTT

MFF'ers gonna MFF

Back