• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

If Clawson is this excited about two young QBs in 2018, I don’t think he’s too worried about making sure he has an experienced QB in 2022.

Dropping

Took a 10-0 lead and then got boat raced by a bad FSU team

What do you expect with one healthy scholarship linebacker and a freshman quarterback. I love Hartman but he missed multiple open receivers tonight. I defense is so thin that we cannot compete with ACC teams.

What do you expect with one healthy scholarship linebacker and a freshman quarterback. I love Hartman but he missed multiple open receivers tonight. I defense is so thin that we cannot compete with ACC teams.

I'd expect him to adjust his gameplan accordingly. Instead he's still running his fast paced RPO with a QB who can't make the reads, and a defense which desperately needs some rest.

I'd expect him to adjust his gameplan accordingly. Instead he's still running his fast paced RPO with a QB who can't make the reads, and a defense which desperately needs some rest.

Good answer.

Clawson is as stubborn as Manning. Not a good look for either one of them.

Injuries have killed this team, but Clawson needs to step up the roster upgrade including building better depth. Losing Bates early obviously hurt, but you should never have to move a 3 year receiver to starting/2 deep safety.

Haha. Brasky is desperate for redemption. Improvement isn't always linear. We shall see how much was a combination of luck and a world-class D coordinator and how much was #theprocess.

So Clawson fired the D Coordinator earning the plaudits of message board peeps who desire immediate action. What's changed?

Its looked better since Sawvel is gone, but is still bad. They started out against Clemson and Florida State playing good defense, but a combination of lack of depth and lack of ability to sustain mental toughness throughout the game has lead to these 2nd and 3rd quarter routes.

Maybe it's just me, but Claw is set a little too comfortably for my liking in that LB injury talking point.

Maybe it's just me, but Claw is set a little too comfortably for my liking in that LB injury talking point.

Agreed. Whatever happened to next man up? Grant Dawson went from completely unreliable walk-on to decent enough senior captain.

Plan A was working great until he realized he didn't have a QB and had to start a frosh. As Al Maguire would often say, "The only good thing about a freshmen is that he becomes a sophomore". We suffered for 2 and a half years before Wolford put it together. When does he sit the seniors and plays for 2019?

“Didn’t have a QB”

It’s his job to have a QB.

The two-deep for Tulane showed starters Kemp, Strnad, and Taylor, with backups Simpson, Smenda, and Williams

The two-deep for FSU showed starters Kemp, Strnad, and Taylor, with backups Simpson, Smenda, and Williams

Strnad has started every game, Taylor has started every game, Kemp has started all but one

I'm not at practice or on the sidelines at games so I don't know to what extent these guys are playing through injuries, but they are playing

Last edited:
The two-deep for Tulane showed starters Kemp, Strnad, and Taylor, with backups Simpson, Smenda, and Williams

The two-deep for FSU showed starters Kemp, Strnad, and Taylor, with backups Simpson, Smenda, and Williams

Strnad has started every game, Taylor has started every game, Kemp has started all but one

I'm not at practice or on the sidelines at games so I don't know to what extent these guys are playing through injuries, but they are playing

Guess you're not watching the games, because Taylor did not play at all against FSU.

Back