• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson for HC??

Wouldn't hate Clawson, but Lembo is just so fucking obvious. Do the obvious thing Wellman. Please.

Clawson seems to be picking up steam with some of the bzz in crowd. Which makes me wonder if that means Wellman is leaning that way and setting the lemmings up.

Funny thing is, Wellman probably thinks hiring this guy is going to make a big splash with the fans.

Yep. Although he did just win a conference championship. I still think we can do better than a .500 MAC coach who did worse than his predecessor. We got a .500 MAC coach post-Caldwell. Clawson wouldn't reflect the improved status of the program post-Grobe.

I wouldn't be upset with Clawson hire at all, but I think Lembo would be the better choice for our program.

I wouldn't be upset with Clawson hire at all, but I think Lembo would be the better choice for our program.

I agree, seems like posturing to save some cash. If we plan to continue to invest in facilities, saving $1MM over 3 years is a step in the right direction.

Yep. Although he did just win a conference championship. I still think we can do better than a .500 MAC coach who did worse than his predecessor. We got a .500 MAC coach post-Caldwell. Clawson wouldn't reflect the improved status of the program post-Grobe.

And as another poster mentioned, Bowling Green had one of the top 5 statistically most veteran/oldest teams in the country this year. This was their year to be good, and they were, and Clawson deserves credit for building that. But if we get Clawson I really feel we will be buying high on a good, but not exceptional, coach.

Whereas Lembo has the upside of being a damn near mastermind.

Not to mention Lembo's connections with NC high school coaches. That's the big separator IMO.

I agree, seems like posturing to save some cash. If we plan to continue to invest in facilities, saving $1MM over 3 years is a step in the right direction.

I just don't think you play games like that with your top candidate. I think Lembo (or anyone) would respond better to "You're our top choice, this is what we can pay you, and this is what we're planning to spend on facility upgrades." I just don't think you play around like that to save money. Besides, we need to be offering $1.6M to our top candidate. This is just too crucial of a time in our program with a great coach available. I'd hate to see us fuck that up. Pay the man. WF is in one of the big conferences, it's time to act like it.

Oh, and fire Buzz.

The most important question, though:

img24367442.jpg

She's no Mrs. Enfield, but does she meet the standards/expectations of our fanbase?

I'm just not in the mood to hear about money with regard to hiring a coach considering how Wellman pissed away all that money extending and immediately firing Dino and then all the lost revenue because of the Buzz hire. Maybe Ron can pitch in some cash from that huge salary he hasn't been earning.

True as well, Turd.

Not to mention Lembo's connections with NC high school coaches. That's the big separator IMO.

So true. Absolutely huge. He would hit the ground running in this regard. Lembo is the guy Fedora, Doeren, and Cutcliffe probably hope we fail to land.

Athletic departments with good football teams don't have as much trouble fund raising. Hire the best coach available.

I don't think North Carolina football recruiting is important enough to our program to be the deciding factor. I doubt we get more than five players per year out of NC going forward.

Lembo may still be the better choice, but I would make the decision based on other factors.

Athletic departments with good football teams don't have as much trouble fund raising. Hire the best coach available.

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. I'm just suggesting that if you can save money, why wouldn't you? It would be different if there were better jobs available. There aren't.

As long as Lembo's demands are south of 2 mil hire him now. The longer this drags the more likely we get Clawson in my opinion

Jordan Strack ‏@JordanStrack 49m
Spoke to BGSU AD, Chris Kingston, on the phone just a moment ago. Says he isn't aware of any interview between Dave Clawson & Wake Forest.

Jordan Strack ‏@JordanStrack 49m
Spoke to BGSU AD, Chris Kingston, on the phone just a moment ago. Says he isn't aware of any interview between Dave Clawson & Wake Forest.

Last edited:
Back