• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson & Wisconsin...

That's naive. If Clawson is offered the HC job at a power football program, he should take it in a second. I like the guy and would be very bummed if he left, but you don't slam the door when opportunity knocks.

Meh, there is a reason you very rarely see coaches move after a year. It's a total dick move to your current' employer and the kids you have recruited to join your program. Not to mention to your family. Most coaches aren't offered the position because they take their name out of consideration before that point.

4 of 5 years? Sure.

Last edited:
Relax. Ron will just give him a 10-year extension.

Last edited:
That's naive. If Clawson is offered the HC job at a power football program, he should take it in a second. I like the guy and would be very bummed if he left, but you don't slam the door when opportunity knocks.

The grass isn't always greener. Moving to a power program can be a career killer if you don't have the kind of success they expect early enough. Also while Wisconsin can pay its football staff significantly more than Wake, they don't actually do it. Anderson actually made less than what we were paying Grobe.

Wisconsin is interested in the head coach of the most anemic rushing team in the country. If only Townie or Irish was around to declare if this was irony.

While I don't think Clawson is going anywhere, it is unfair to judge him based on the personnel he was given this past season to work with. I don't believe Nick Saban would've won more than 6 games with our roster. Maybe he would've had a bit more success running the ball... but not much.

While I don't think Clawson is going anywhere, it is unfair to judge him based on the personnel he was given this past season to work with. I don't believe Nick Saban would've won more than 6 games with our roster. Maybe he would've had a bit more success running the ball... but not much.

His offensive woes at Wake wouldn't bother me half as much if he didn't also have them at Tennessee.

His offensive woes at Wake wouldn't bother me half as much if he didn't also have them at Tennessee.

Again...a one year stint (not even that, think he was booted in December that year). I'll take Clawson's track record as a program builder. Just needs time.

Hoopla's sources have never been wrong!

Thanks, Stan. I pride myself on truth, integrity, and the relationships I've cultivated from the ground troops all the way to the top of the NCAA pyramid.
Trust in a big issue and knowing the facts. I appreciate all the DM's and invites for me to take the next step. I honestly just prefer to provide my keen insight to all (free of charge). I'm heading off to Santa Carla to go find some vampires. #FrogBrothersForever #Star #ThereOnlyNoodlesMichael

Haven't seen this mentioned aka you haven't read the board

6a00e54ee7b6428833014e8999c9cb970d-500wi

Back