• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson & Wisconsin...

Wait....what? The same Paul Chryst who didn't center the ball for his kicker who then missed a chip shot 26 yarder to beat dook!? :tard:

Serves the cheeseheads right!

Pitt is having a hard time with coaches...
2010 Wanny leaves,
2010 Interim coach Phil Bennett wins a bowl game
2011 Todd Graham coaches for a year leaves for Arizona State
2011 Interim coach Keith Patterson loses a bowl game
2014 Paul Chryst leaves for Wisconsin
2014 interim coach?
2015 new coach?

They could have seven coaches (3 interim) in five years.

Pitt is having a hard time with coaches...
2010 Wanny leaves,
2010 Interim coach Phil Bennett wins a bowl game
2011 Todd Graham coaches for a year leaves for Arizona State
2011 Interim coach Keith Patterson loses a bowl game
2014 Paul Chryst leaves for Wisconsin
2014 interim coach?
2015 new coach?

They could have seven coaches (3 interim) in five years.

You forgot Mike Haywood, who was hired to replace Wanny, but never coached a game due to a domestic violence charge.

Legitimate question. Does anyone in Pittsburgh care about PITT football? I would imagine it gets completely overlooked with the Steelers in town, kind of like BC and the Pats.

Legitimate question. Does anyone in Pittsburgh care about PITT football? I would imagine it gets completely overlooked with the Steelers in town, kind of like BC and the Pats.

At least BC plays in its own on-campus stadium which makes the smallish crowds seem less pathetic. Pitt plays at Heinz field, and when they draw 20 to 30K, it looks weak with the outline of the Steelers influence everywhere. That said, Pennsylvania produces a lot of football talent, and as a result, there have been a lot of studs that have played at Pitt (Shady McCoy, Darrell Revis, Larry Fitzgerald to name a few).

At least BC plays in its own on-campus stadium which makes the smallish crowds seem less pathetic. Pitt plays at Heinz field, and when they draw 20 to 30K, it looks weak with the outline of the Steelers influence everywhere. That said, Pennsylvania produces a lot of football talent, and as a result, there have been a lot of studs that have played at Pitt (Shady McCoy, Darrell Revis, Larry Fitzgerald to name a few).

Get the fuck out of here with those chumps.

Daniel Fucking Constantine Marino is from Pittsburgh and went to Pitt.

Yeah, that's like talking about Who's Who from Wake Forest and listing Moonz, Biff, RJ, Ph rather than Duncan, Childress, McCrary, and NazT.

Pitt was a national power when I was growing up.

Also Hugh Green, Ironhead Haywood

Last edited:
Ummmm dis guy?
237px-Danmarino.jpg

It's pretty clear Pilch was talking about since the 00s in the modern era of playing at Heinz Field and the Wannstedt era and such. That's a silly thing to jump on him about.

Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, not Haywood. He was from Passiac HS in NJ, home of Jack Tatum. I played HS football against him and he trucked me on his first carry of the game. Didnt get much better for me the rest of the way. RIP, Ironhead.

Love the way none of us mentioned Mark May. Screw that windbag, even if he was one of Pitt's greatest. Rickey Jackson says hello too. Didnt realize Revis was a Pitt guy. Always thought he was a Longhorn.

Hugh Green was ridiculously good.

Pitt was ranked number 1 and Green finished second for Heisman as a DE.

Last edited:
Back