• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson

If you haven't yet, you should watch the postgame press conference on the official site. Clawson knows all of the problems and is frank about it. It's not like he's oblivious and saying the team will win when it's tired of losing. This guy gets it. I think we'll start getting better when our players mature a bit and get more experience. Lots of doubts, especially about the QB situation, but we have to let things run their course. We also really don't know how well some of our coaches are doing, on offense especially, due to possible player deficiencies, so we have to let Clawson make the calls on them. If after four years we haven't made progress then it will be different. At least it was only a 1 pt. loss, not a blowout embarrassment. Have some faith for awhile, until more clear evidence is apparent.

The lack of creativity on your program-bashing posts is concerning. It is like a broken record.

Everyone at the game was talking about the play calling. It's not program bashing. And fuck you.

Y'all go check out the 2016 recruiting thread if you want Claw fired.

Do not think any way Clawson should be fired. However I was very disappointed with how the quarterbacks were handled last night and based in the post game comments they really over thought and out coached themselves. I like the kid but Wolford is just not strong enough, versatile enough or savy enough to start. He made a really bad throw on the interception over the middle, a so,so pass to Serigne resulting in the second interception and a horrible decision and throw on the third one, all of which cost us the game. especially the last 2. I also highly question the play call even giving him the option to make the throw to the end zone. Time, field position and momentum was on our side after the blocked punt. A two year starter should have been able to lead us down the field and score. I just don't see how you continue to be stubborn and me start Hinton from here out. Wolford not only played badly but pretty much cost us the game.

Last edited:
The pass to the end zone that was intercepted was called by the staff. It was based on what Louisville was giving us. It was 1 on 1 and could've been a TD but was underthrown.

The pass to the end zone that was intercepted was called by the staff. It was based on what Louisville was giving us. It was 1 on 1 and could've been a TD but was underthrown.

Yeah the play call was fine. You put people in a position to execute. We just didn't.

I assumed it was but it also was not the only option. Wolford not strong enough to make that throw while moving and I still think it was a bad call and bad execution.

The issue is that Clawson and staff have to recruit an offensive line..........no one is going to give him an offensive line. The best skill position players are going to underperform in the current situation.

I've always stressed development in my posts. 5* OLs are not coming here. 4* OLs are not coming here. The 3*s we have must develop themselves physically. The staff must run a scheme that the OL can succeed with. Clawson has been here 22 months and thing are exactly the same for our OL.

Why wouldn't a 4* OL come here when we've gotten 4*s at other positions (albeit rarely)?

Rushing 2 on Lville's last TD pass was dubious considering that we create no pressure most of the time rushing 4 or 5. The QB had all day to find a receiver. Most teams blitz in that situation .

There are two five star and maybe fifteen four star OL in the entire 2016 class so no Wake will rarely get four and five star OL recruits.

Rushing 2 on Lville's last TD pass was dubious considering that we create no pressure most of the time rushing 4 or 5. The QB had all day to find a receiver. Most teams blitz in that situation .

So much this. That was horrible. I haven't watched the press conference but it was clear the staff was so scared of Jackson's legs that they forgot to put pressure on him in those situations like any coach would do to a true freshman QB and like Louisville did to Hinton.

Not really sure why we are acting like "hey Clawson better have a good 3rd year". In 95% of football hires you always judge after the 3rd year. Nothing to see here.

Why wouldn't a 4* OL come here when we've gotten 4*s at other positions (albeit rarely)?

BillGeorge was right about highly rated OLs. Over the past 12 years, AJ Marshall is the only 4* to graduate. Kyle Kearns is just starting out. Archibold, Uter, Virgile hit the bricks. Of them, only Virgile ever suited up. We must win games to show recruits that the plan is working.

3 of our best WR - freshman. Wade, Hines, Cortez. Our QBs - soph and freshman. Our TE - soph. Our RBs - Freshman and Sophomores. Our starting tackles - freshman. That said, what did people expect with this team? I bet many people forget these facts when watching the games. A whole swath of our offense has never played significant minutes and are being asked to carry the load. Patience, people.

Does anyone blame the S&C staff for a OL that gets constantly pushed around? Are the OLs just going through the motions in the weight room? When they start pushing the DL around, then the RBs will gain some yards, the play action will be respected, the QBs will have time to find those WRs, and the TE could release into his pattern. While some will say that we've skyrocketed from 125th in rushing to 116th, I don't think the line is any better then at any time in the Clawson era. Hinton alone has been the difference.

3 of our best WR - freshman. Wade, Hines, Cortez. Our QBs - soph and freshman. Our TE - soph. Our RBs - Freshman and Sophomores. Our starting tackles - freshman. That said, what did people expect with this team? I bet many people forget these facts when watching the games. A whole swath of our offense has never played significant minutes and are being asked to carry the load. Patience, people.

This is a solid excuse

Congrats on being such a (expletive)

Back