• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson kickoff set for 3:30

Clawson per radio show mentioned Michael Allen tonight without being prompted as a player that is really coming on in practice. Good to hear, be nice of he’d pan out to be as good as we’d hope.

Former Clemson RB (had a TD in the semifinal and biggish kick return to set up game winning TD in national championship) who was going to be a grad transfer, CJ Fuller (not Spiller), died tonight of blood clots during knee surgery apparently.

Last edited:
Former Clemson RB who was going to be a grad transfer, CJ Fuller, died tonight of blood clots during knee surgery apparently.

Wow. That is startling and sad news. Prayers for his family and friends.

Former Clemson RB (had a TD in the semifinal and biggish kick return to set up game winning TD in national championship) who was going to be a grad transfer, CJ Fuller (not Spiller), died tonight of blood clots during knee surgery apparently.

Oh no, how awful. God bless his family.

In terms of wagering on the Clemson side of this one... The line would have me really worried about a back door cover for Wake. Clemson up big in the 2nd half pulls Lawrence and Wake scores a late TD to make a blowout look respectable.

Think something like 31-10 at halftime that turns into a 38-24 victory for the Tigers.

No way I wager on this one (on either side).

Clawson per radio show mentioned Michael Allen tonight without being prompted as a player that is really coming on in practice. Good to hear, be nice of he’d pan out to be as good as we’d hope.

Hope it's true but that doesn't jive with Les's most recent comments.

I’m still pissed about the ass raping the officials put on us in 2004 in double OT at their place. It was the epitome of getting the “Death Valley” treatment. Phantom PI call on 4th down cost us the game.

The 2002 game wasn't much better.

Also Dwayne Allen wasn't in bounds in 2011.

So basically, fuck those guys

In terms of wagering on the Clemson side of this one... The line would have me really worried about a back door cover for Wake. Clemson up big in the 2nd half pulls Lawrence and Wake scores a late TD to make a blowout look respectable.

Think something like 31-10 at halftime that turns into a 38-24 victory for the Tigers.

No way I wager on this one (on either side).

Well, Clemson is falling down in the polls to the 4-5 range. And, might miss the top 4 national playoff if that continues. Bet they try to score all they can. Otherwise, they might move further down.

Well, Clemson is falling down in the polls to the 4-5 range. And, might miss the top 4 national playoff if that continues. Bet they try to score all they can. Otherwise, they might move further down.

Yeah. They may be fighting for a spot with ND so they’ll want to beat us worse than ND did.

Hard to see us holding them to under 40 but here is one idea - do not run the up tempo offense. Eat more time off the clock, keep the defense off the field a bit more and hope for some turn-overs. I know it would be a change to the offense but really only chance I see against teams like Clemson / ND.

Agreed. Going up tempo as a 20 point underdog when your offense is below average is a recipe for disaster. Clawson's comments are somewhat encouraging, but I'd be surprised to see too much of a scheme change. Should at least save the up tempo stuff for when our O gets in a little bit of a rhythm. The 30 second 3 and outs after our D gets a rare stop are very tilting.

Deacs need to take care of their own game. It’s always possible they can be a giant killer on Saturday.

Years ago I ran into the ASU team at their hotel before one of the last games they played at Groves Stadium. I thought they looked worried and resigned to defeat. Wrong. That afternoon they went out and ran the Deacs ragged by keeping it close for either a win or tie. We missed out on going bowling too.

Right. I think adjusting the tempo would keep them off pace. I'd love to chew up clock with a few runs that take a minute or two off the clock followed by a few quick tempo RPO plays. The emphasis has to be staying on the field.

If Clemson goes undefeated, they aren't missing anything.

More important for them is the health of their QB than the margin of victory.

But sure, we could lose by 50. Who knows.

Right. I think adjusting the tempo would keep them off pace. I'd love to chew up clock with a few runs that take a minute or two off the clock followed by a few quick tempo RPO plays. The emphasis has to be staying on the field.

Yeah, I think we need to be very choosy when we go uptempo. Not saying we shouldn't do it when there is a chance to catch their defense not set or trying to sub, but shortening the game is better for us. If, big if, but if we can run the ball effectively as we have against BC and Notre Dame, then we might have the opportunity to control the clock.

The line is up to 20. That's up 4 points from the opener. Unusual for a line to move that much. Lots of action on Clemson; no action on WF. The total is 62 = 41-21 final.

Agree with ATS. While Clemson wants style points, they know that any shot at the playoff is dependent on Lawrence staying healthy as they need to win every game to be assured of a spot. Think that the Tigers may cautious on the play calling to protect him. Also, think that they will pull Lawrence if the lead gets to be more than 2 TDs in the 2nd half, leaving backdoor potential.

WF has covered the last 4 times it has played Clemson, but none of those games have been that close. WF lost by 14 twice, by 20 and by 22. The total points scored in the last 4 were: 54, 46, 48 and 42.

I see this game following a similar script as the last 4 Dabo v. Claw meetings: Clemson in control, but the game doesn't get out of hand. If WF scores late, WF covers, if WF doesn't Clemson wins by 20-24.

Yeah, I think we need to be very choosy when we go uptempo. Not saying we shouldn't do it when there is a chance to catch their defense not set or trying to sub, but shortening the game is better for us. If, big if, but if we can run the ball effectively as we have against BC and Notre Dame, then we might have the opportunity to control the clock.

Buddy and I were talking about this earlier -- I think it might be wise to start drives slower, and then ramp up as we get some first downs. The first first down is often the hardest to get, and that way if we do get a three and out we aren't putting an exhausted D right back on the field

Got to get a good legal hit on this QB early....shake him up.

Worried about Renfro the most....

GO DEACS !

Back