• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ Wake Game Thread

Some younger players looking better. Not in lineup earlier, so maybe progress.

I do like the way the younger players are getting more minutes now. Brown, Saar & Childress in the lineup means good things in the future.

Just looked at the stats-- we have no player that can shoot the ball. Best effort was Moore 4/9-- everyone else in the low 30s or worse. These guys are not Div 1 shooters.

Just looked at the stats-- we have no player that can shoot the ball. Best effort was Moore 4/9-- everyone else in the low 30s or worse. These guys are not Div 1 shooters.

Damn sucky players. Just ruining Manning's brilliant game plans.

And what really cracks me up was Danny's response to the question "they seemed to slow down Bryant in the second half, did you see them doing anything different from the first half to the second half with him?"

DM - "Um, I'm sure they made some type of adjustments"

Crawford down the stretch is a thing.

Anti-Randolph. Or trying to lose. His stats on dumb fouls, turnovers and shooting in the last 5 minutes of games this year would be a good study. Almost as bad as CMM, but CMM had an excuse: he couldn’t shoot.

Our guard play is weak. Late in the game, we rely on our guards.

How much did Moore, Sarr, and Mitchell score in the second half? They had 9. I think almost all was in the second.

key was our second leading scorer today...

He tied for most shots and played nearly double the minutes of Chaundee. Devoe and Reed murdered us. Not that Key was always on them, but its more the fact that Chaundee wasn't.

Key played ok. That wasn't really the point. I was more curious as to why Chaundee only played 17 mins. His defense warrants more than that, especially when their 2 and 3 combine for 46 points.

Last edited:
He tied for most shots and played nearly double the minutes of Chaundee. Devoe absolutely murdered us. Not that Key was always on him, but its more the fact that Chaundee wasn't.

Key played ok. That wasn't really the point. I was more curious as to why Chaundee only played 17 mins. His defense warrants more than that, especially when their 2 and 3 combine for 46 points.

Because Danny is absolutely in love with the Crawford/Childress/Key lineup. Before the year all Danny could talk about was how good our guards were and how they would lead the team. Well they aren't that good and we're still relying on them.

Mediocre players, mediocre coach...This is what you get. The constant microanalysis is funny.

Simplify folks. We are what we are.

This is where I am as well. I think our players just don't understand or appreciate the genius that is Danny Manning. But, by God, you just wait until next year. It's going to ALL come together!!

key was our second leading scorer today...

DM did the bullshit sub before the 18 min mark in the second half where he starts CB and TT, then pulls them for Key and Saar, today at about 18:15 mark. CB came back in for about 2 mins under the 12 then never again as DM rode the 3 "experienced guards." more and more convinced we cannot spend too many minutes with both BCs on the floor together

Don't comment without seeing the game and the way it played out. Wilbekin didnt even play. Some strides by young kids Saar and Mitchell, Chaundee got lost by the staff again when they couldnt pull the trigger on subs in the last 10 mins so our 3 experienced guards had no legs late.

Don't comment without seeing the game and the way it played out. Wilbekin didnt even play. Some strides by young kids Saar and Mitchell, Chaundee got lost by the staff again when they couldnt pull the trigger on subs in the last 10 mins so our 3 experienced guards had no legs late.

What does that have to do with poor shooting? We shot pretty poorly.

What does that have to do with poor shooting? We shot pretty poorly.

It seems our key players running the point have a low Basketball IQ. Lots of turnovers, and no plan. In defense of Manning, losing Collins and Dino was not in the plan. Next, Year will be interesting.

Back