• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
What are we thinking? Should know tomorrow. My guess is 3:30 ABC.

With Wisconsin and Florida losing today (plus the mighty not gonna be 4-0 Vandy), we seem to be the best bet for Gameday. But, Kirk…

Well ESPN's site is already showing Wisconsin-Ohio State is going to be an ABC game, but could be the noon slot. Helps that Columbus just had GameDay last week. I'd say we might be the most attractive pick. BetMGM is thinking that they'll go to Boone though (which I think is BS)... https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/espn-college-gameday-predictions-college-football/

I wouldn't object to a 700p game though. I'll be in Orlando that morning and don't really want to rush back home to watch it.

Well ESPN's site is already showing Wisconsin-Ohio State is going to be an ABC game, but could be the noon slot. Helps that Columbus just had GameDay last week. I'd say we might be the most attractive pick. BetMGM is thinking that they'll go to Boone though (which I think is BS)... https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/espn-college-gameday-predictions-college-football/

I wouldn't object to a 700p game though. I'll be in Orlando that morning and don't really want to rush back home to watch it.
Against JMU? I guess I see the draw of two former FCS powers but…come on.

Against JMU? I guess I see the draw of two former FCS powers but…come on.
I mean, their argument that it's a "pretty environment" is pretty damn week.

Plus, can we really call Wake "hosting" GameDay back in 2020 to be a real thing? That was the most fake GameDay experience possible.

It would be so typical Wake if maybe our best chance of hosting ever and they go to fucking Boone instead.

Still thought they shoulda come in 06 for the BC game. Gameday loves novelty games but for some reason Wake has never been seen as cute enough for them.

For some reason, ESPN and the powers that be really want Wake to be a minor speed bump for other teams.

Well apparently Gameday is going to App next week. They should just hang out in the mountains for the week then head back down 421.

Well apparently Gameday is going to App next week. They should just hang out in the mountains for the week then head back down 421.
No real attractive games next weekend now that TAMU lost today. Might as well have them check the Boone box next week and then keep all the equipment around locally for the following Saturday.

Good atmosphere but that’s not an attractive game at all.

Washington State beating Wisconsin definitely makes things more interesting. Seemed like they had primetime ABC lined up for Wisconsin-Ohio State, now at least a possibility we could slide into that slot.

And GameDay will be interesting too. Be weird to make back-to-back trips to NC but could happen -- I had thought Wisky-Ohio State would be an easy choice for it with Herbie already in Cleveland calling Steelers-Browns that Thursday, but the Cougs really have thrown things up in the air

Notre Dame losing didn't hurt either, doubt UNC woulda got GameDay but coulda seen that slide into the 7:30 ABC slot

Washington State beating Wisconsin definitely makes things more interesting. Seemed like they had primetime ABC lined up for Wisconsin-Ohio State, now at least a possibility we could slide into that slot.

And GameDay will be interesting too. Be weird to make back-to-back trips to NC but could happen -- I had thought Wisky-Ohio State would be an easy choice for it with Herbie already in Cleveland calling Steelers-Browns that Thursday, but the Cougs really have thrown things up in the air
Has GameDay ever done the same site twice in a month? I would think that would be something that would keep them from going back to Columbus.

Has GameDay ever done the same site twice in a month? I would think that would be something that would keep them from going back to Columbus.
Have they stared down the prospect of having to go to Wake for the only matchup between two undefeated Top 25 teams?

Oh yeah. They went to Athens twice in 3 weeks last year and did Ohio State games two weeks in a row (Columbus then Ann Arbor).

Still curious if ESPN will go to Big Ten games when the new TV deal starts. They’ll go to SEC games on CBS and Big Ten on Fox now but they still have rights for those conferences.

Have they stared down the prospect of having to go to Wake for the only matchup between two undefeated Top 25 teams?
I doubt it. ESPN hates us. This goes back to when BBall Hoops GameDay skipped us for the inaugural show back in 2005 for the UNC game at the Joel. (Still don't know how they chose against us for that one).

Exactly. Which is why they'll go to Columbus as many times as they need to in order to not give Wake any attention.

Back