• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

the clemson wake game was not wine and cheese, crowd wise

I agree the attendance is getting much better, but the loudness and intensity of the crowd still isn’t at the level it was in 07 after we went to the OB. Here is the link to that first home game against Nebraska. Just listen to the background crowd noise on that first Nebraska drive. We only get that loud now on the occasional defensive 3rd down.

I agree the attendance is getting much better, but the loudness and intensity of the crowd still isn’t at the level it was in 07 after we went to the OB. Here is the link to that first home game against Nebraska. Just listen to the background crowd noise on that first Nebraska drive. We only get that loud now on the occasional defensive 3rd down.

i'll have to admit i am basing most of this on the fact i lost my voice for nearly a week after clemson. however, folks around me were hyped

I’m not trying to be the guy who remembers everything better in the “good old days”, I just think our crowd could be more excited and louder is all.

I’m not trying to be the guy who remembers everything better in the “good old days”, I just think our crowd could be more excited and louder is all.
Sure. Maybe once Clawson wins the ACCCG and goes to the Orange Bowl things will get even louder.

I find it interesting to watch younger fans, frequently under age 40, who rarely make a peep while some middle aged man and woman won’t stop clapping (good) and can’t yell an entire game without losing their ability to talk. I think you may be hearing that middle aged group when they were younger in the Nebraska game played in the 2000s.

I find it interesting to watch younger fans, frequently under age 40, who rarely make a peep while some middle aged man and woman won’t stop clapping (good) and can’t yell an entire game without losing their ability to talk. I think you may be hearing that middle aged group when they were younger in the Nebraska game played in the 2000s.
at clemson everyone around me didn't know how to clap to fight song. bless their hearts for being there though.

Sure. Maybe once Clawson wins the ACCCG and goes to the Orange Bowl things will get even louder.

See, I don’t think it’s winning the ACC Championship that’s the difference - I think it’s the pandemic that kinda blunted our social momentum. Based on the success trajectory of our team, I think our crowd energy is a season or two behind. Coming off an 11 win season and returning basically our entire offense, including one of the top quarterbacks in ACC history, our crowds should be going apeshit.

That's certainly possible. The pandemic blunted a lot of things, including Clawson's streak of winning season.

You should sit next to my 16 year old son and 15 year old nephew. They both lose their voices after every game.

See, I don’t think it’s winning the ACC Championship that’s the difference - I think it’s the pandemic that kinda blunted our social momentum. Based on the success trajectory of our team, I think our crowd energy is a season or two behind. Coming off an 11 win season and returning basically our entire offense, including one of the top quarterbacks in ACC history, our crowds should be going apeshit.
Another theory:

Grobe’s run was built on the defense which invites more noise from crowd. When your defense is a liability the crowd loses some steam after big plays (like Shipley’s first big run) or failed 3rd down stops. Crowd gets hype for the tuddies.

Another theory:

Grobe’s run was built on the defense which invites more noise from crowd. When your defense is a liability the crowd loses some steam after big plays (like Shipley’s first big run) or failed 3rd down stops. Crowd gets hype for the tuddies.
This immediately made me think of the clip from the replacements that was always shown on 3rd down.

This immediately made me think of the clip from the replacements that was always shown on 3rd down.
1d69d8cf-6057-4221-9cbd-60ecb3803cda_text.gif

replacements-danny.gif

What was great about that is I remember on a few occasions getting a turnover right after that clip was played.

Last edited:
Brett Hodges, the backup, with some un-clutch interceptions in that Nebraska game.

Also, Suh just dominated.

Kevin Marion letting a walk-in TD throw go right through his hands changed the tone of that game and we never could get over the hump.

Another theory:

Good point. I have watched is give up third and forever so many times over the years it’s hard to get all that hyped on defense.

Back