• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Well it's a lot more than just one coach doing it all. That's probably why the best head coaches are the ones that can find competent people to put around them, because they literally don't have the hours in the day to do it all.
Agree with you 100% about the time commitment, which is what has always amazed me when guys like Bobby Petrino found not only the time but also the logistics of having an affair. I've personally known a handful of guys over the years who had affairs who I would categorize as medium fish in a small/medium pond, and I could not figure out how they maintained a career, family and some standing in the community while carving out time to tap something on the side, much less for a high-profile coach living in a fish bowl..

Well it's a lot more than just one coach doing it all. That's probably why the best head coaches are the ones that can find competent people to put around them, because they literally don't have the hours in the day to do it all.

Yeah. Recruiting coordinators, analysts, grad assistants, etc all play crucial roles.

Agree with you 100% about the time commitment, which is what has always amazed me when guys like Bobby Petrino found not only the time but also the logistics of having an affair. I've personally known a handful of guys over the years who had affairs who I would categorize as medium fish in a small/medium pond, and I could not figure out how they maintained a career, family and some standing in the community while carving out time to tap something on the side, much less for a high-profile coach living in a fish bowl..
Coaches find time for women and golf lol

Coaches find time for women and golf lol

Seems like that’s a general rich guy thing too.

I was impressed when Clawson said in his introductory presser that he doesn’t play golf.

He does play golf, but not often. His handicap is public. He’s not particularly good according to the scores he has entered.

I mean, most of these college football coaches played college football, some at a really high level. They're good athletes and they're competitive as hell. Steve Spurrier was a helluva golfer.

I love the fan that was on the Wake Forest side up top near the big video board yelling at Clemson fans to get up and cheer for Wake.

I mean, most of these college football coaches played college football, some at a really high level. They're good athletes and they're competitive as hell. Steve Spurrier was a helluva golfer.

I always enjoy thinking about coaches teaching skills to guys way more athletic than them. Like Andy Reid demonstrating proper pass catching technique to Tyreek Hill, or Mike McDaniel showing his defensive ends the best way to beat the OL when pass rushing.

I would absolutely be in favor of the pro bowl being replaced by a scrimmage between NFC and AFC coaches.

I love the fan that was on the Wake Forest side up top near the big video board yelling at Clemson fans to get up and cheer for Wake.
Meh our fans are pretty damn dumb as well. They sit on their asses on big defensive 3rd down plays, yet cheer wildly when we’re on offense and about to go for it on 4th down. Multiple times during the Liberty game this happened and the offensive players motioned to the crowd to shut the hell up.

God I fucking hate when they try and get a Wake Forest chant going...always when we're on offense with a pivotal 3rd down or something coming up

God I fucking hate when they try and get a Wake Forest chant going...always when we're on offense with a pivotal 3rd down or something coming up
No doubt. Stuff like this happens multiple times every home game. Maybe we need to do handouts with rules and shit like Duke does with the Cameron crazies? I’m kidding, but also kinda not.

It’s annoying but it means the causal fanbase is growing. It’s up to the cheerleaders to get the fans to cheer and be quiet when they’re supposed to.

Love Wake Forest, but we definitely have a wine and cheese football crowd. I get the jokes about Walmart fans, but at least those fuckers are loud and obnoxious (drunk). Our Gametime atmosphere could stand to be a lot louder.

Love Wake Forest, but we definitely have a wine and cheese football crowd. I get the jokes about Walmart fans, but at least those fuckers are loud and obnoxious (drunk). Our Gametime atmosphere could stand to be a lot louder.

I think winning is quickly changing this narrative. There's a different vibe at the games lately.

Back