• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

I just want us to blitz to the inside against Clemson. It felt like every time we had an outside blitz against Liberty, our LBs were 20-25 yards away from a running QB up the middle of the field. When it bounced outside, multiple corners came down to shut it off. Speed in the LB group remains an issue and I assume they're going to prep. DJ to beat us with his legs first and arm last.

My take on Liberty before the game was the worst on these boards, so I have no idea what to think but feel like Clemson is vulnerable and Wake knows what's at stake with this game. Deacs roll in a nail-biter and Morin finally breaks off a punt return for TD.

I think DJ and Shipley will combine to run for 200 yards.

I think we will have negative rushing yards and our defense is going to spend 38+ minutes on the field.

this is a potentially program-defining, career-defining game for wake, clawson, and hartman
A win could potentially move us close to top 10 in coaches poll just 4 weeks into the season. There is a ton riding on this game. If we truly want that "next level", I don't know of a better situation to do it.

I think if there ever was a season for us to beat Clemson this would be it. I just think that they might be missing Venables.

But, my gut tells we're going to get pummeled.

I'm hoping like hell for a win, but I just don't see it. Clemson's offense is at least marginally better, while our O is marginally worse.

I can see us making it a closer game, but not one that is doubt in the 4th.

I agree - our O doesn't seem as sharp as it was last year YET. We're only scoring TD's on 35.9% of our drives this season vs almost 50% at this point last year. Not counting the end of half or end of game kneels we've had 39 drives, 14 TD's. 7 FG's, 13 punts. Last year through 3 games including ODU, Norfolk State and FSU we had around 15 TD's, 9 punts, 4 field goals. The change this year is that our D has been moving the other team off the field faster, so we've had more possessions overall.

I really hope Sam can better protect the ball this week. Over his last 8 games he's thrown 13 picks. That will be critical in us being able to hang.

I want to believe. Clemson has some serious faults this year.

The offense needs to come out not relying on the mesh this week. If we do, we get pummelled.

A win could potentially move us close to top 10 in coaches poll just 4 weeks into the season. There is a ton riding on this game. If we truly want that "next level", I don't know of a better situation to do it.
sadly if wake wins they will drop clemson out of top 5, maybe down to 16 - one spot of wake who will just go to 17

sadly if wake wins they will drop clemson out of top 5, maybe down to 16 - one spot of wake who will just go to 17
I'm far from a sunshine-up-your-ass person but I do not agree with this assessment. This game can elevate Wake football to a new level.

Seriously. If Kentucky can vault into the Top 10 after beating a Florida team that was turrible last year, then we certainly should be able to do the same should we win come Sat

i vehemently hope i am wrong
granted i'll just be ecstatic with a win

I actually think that IF we win, we beat them by double digits. Like that time we shut out the Noles in Tallahassee. Clemson’s athleticism advantage will be a huge problem in any close game. Have to break them to win in my opinion.

I dunno, I certainly trust Sam more than DJ in the clutch

I think if there ever was a season for us to beat Clemson this would be it. I just think that they might be missing Venables.

But, my gut tells we're going to get pummeled.
They are not going to miss BV.
In the past few years, more than half of Clemson’s defensive plays were brought up by Wes Goodwin.

Full focus of all the talent, experience and skill will be required the next 5 days. The next 5 days are the most critical in Wake Football in a generation. Clemson knows it. The coaches know it. The players know it.
Unranked App State beats the Top 10. Time for the Deacons to step up in their own neighborhood and in their own state. On Saturday, if the chips are down, we're going to find out just how important this game really is to some people on and off the field.

Back