• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

I'm not sure what playcalling y'all are talking about. Those are all RPOs, Hartman is making the decision to hand it off when he is reading the defense.
Sure, but you dont have to call a RPo on 15 straight 1st downs when your WRs are torching their D. I was fine with it until we worked clock down to minute and a half. At that point its all about scoring. No longer about clock

no i'm not fucking laughing you absolute dipshit and I own my take that if we didn't punt there we might not have made OT
Still was the correct decision tbh the only reason he’s claiming it wasn’t is because he has the knowledge of how the game ended now.

The runs are indeed RPO hence the name “Run pass option” which is different than “play action”. I’m guessing a few of those were Sam thinking he had the numbers against a certain front and blocks were beat by Clemsons excellent D lineman. You could argue that we should’ve gone straight shotgun but I’m guessing those were mostly RPO calls

I'm not sure what playcalling y'all are talking about. Those are all RPOs, Hartman is making the decision to hand it off when he is reading the defense.

They're not all RPOs. But even on the RPOs, Clemson gave them the looks to goad Hartman into choosing run and their elite DL just made enough stops. It's up to Clawson and Ruggiero to recognize that figure out how to keep up the passing game.

It goes back to what I said before. Our WRs are elite and their DBs are bad. Clawson didn't stick with that matchup.

Well that sucked, but at least we didn't get skullfucked.

Thought the crowd was louder on TV than anything I've heard before. Well done, especially since it looked like about 30-35% Clemson fans there.

D line just couldn't generate pressure when needed, and that and our secondary was the difference. 3rd down D was atrocious. Just horrific.

Lack of a run game was offset by Hartman, who was rusty early but really played pretty great until that last throw. Unfortunately, DJ played better. We got conservative after we got the first down with 2 min left. We ran right into a blitz that Sam should've seen pre-snap. That set us up at 2nd and 13, and then came the sack. I felt like we might fake punt on 4th and 5, but with only 10 men on the field, it's probably good that we didn't. I wouldn't have blamed Clawson if we did do a fake and didn't get it there.

DJ made plays that he will never again make in his career. So frustrating. But the whole time it felt like Clemson was shoo-ing away a gnat or something. So annoying. A lot of shittalking going on down on the field.

we lost so worth thinking about, but the run plays actually did decent. i think because their d was basically forcing us to run. we weren’t getting the same 1v1s outside

They're not all RPOs. Clemson gave them the looks to goad Hartman into choosing run and their elite DL just made enough stops. It's up to Clawson and Ruggiero to recognize that figure out how to keep up the passing game.
This

…run the clock in OT?

I feel you have the in ability to process simple things so as to help your mental capacity that sentence means run clock at the end of the game, as in the normal 4th quarter of the game and do not run in overtime.

Also waiting for you to acknowledge that Clemson had to go for two after scoring a touchdown with their second possession in overtime because it’s the rules and not a choice.

Yeah I can bitch about play calling but you cant win if you get toasted on 3rd downs like that

And Shipley, DJ and their kicker came up big when they had to make plays as well. Absolutely sucks.

We run all rpo though, so are all those runs just Sam being scared?? Sure seems like it.

Back