• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Didn’t we make him look great last year too?
Not really. He was at 50% accuracy and barely cracked 200 yards with a TD and a pick. Last year we made their running backs look like Heisman winners. The three backs we saw today combined for 302 yards and 4 touchdowns.

People were responding to the fact bresee's dad was yelling into the faces of wake fans at the final whistle like a drunken frat boy.

If I buried a child this week, I believe my level of concern for a college football game would be about 9,999 on my list of concerns.

People were responding to the fact bresee's dad was yelling into the faces of wake fans at the final whistle like a drunken frat boy.
yeah on the broadcast the dude was running down the stairs making a flag throwing motion even though the game was over

That is not when they were doing it. The comment was made when Bresee batted down a pass on second down earlier. But yeah, it is.
The guy can do what he wants. People can interpret his actions however they want. I’m sure he had a horrible horrible week and it’s been a horrible few years. Friends and family can be forgiving to asshole actions. Folks that don’t know the guy and don’t know the story just see them as asshole actions.

It was great fun to watch the smirks slide right off the faces of the Clemson fans sitting near me in the second half and also fun to contemplate their total bewilderment at having to rally to beat Wake. Pricks. Can't wait to taste their tears when DC and the boys finally get them. It's coming.

We should all be rooting for State. We need State and another team to beat Clemson just like last year.
Plus, another chance to end our streak against Top 10 teams if NCState sneaks into that position.

Which is when they showed several shots of him running down the stairs and gesturing (for a flag?)

How many top 10 teams has Wake played who weren’t Clemson?

The defense did not play well. Clemson's 51 points, 559 yards of offense and 16 of 23 third down conversions tell the story. Any comment or explanation mitigating that disaster is a bullshit excuse. That is why the Deacons lost.

Despite that fact, the Deacon offense produced enough points to come back from a 14 point deficit and enter the 4th quarter with a seven point lead.

The first Deacon possession in the fourth quarter consisted of 5 rushing attempts (18 yards) and one pass attempt (completed for 46 yards). The result was a field goal. The second possession came with 4 minutes remaining in the game and the score tied. It consisted of six rushing attempts ( 25 yards) and two passing attempts ( sack -4 yards and completion for 12 yards). The result was a punt with 39 seconds remaining.

I have no problem with the punt. It ensured the Deacs would not lose. The decision to run the football 11 times (43 yards) and pass the ball three times (net 58 yards) in the 4th quarter was idiocy. The passing attack put the Deacs in a position to win. Clawson's decision to focus on the clock rather than score diminished the offensive momentum and shut down the offense. A terrible decision by the coaching staff.

Back