• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

I'd vote for Hillary before I voted for John Edwards. So there's one Democrat I would vote for her over.

My brother met her several times when she was at Wellesley. He said she was really smart (and he graduated from Brown). He also said she was incredibly ugly. The gal he was dating told him Hillary would be the first female President. This was in '67 or '68.

People don't remember how much work she had done back in the day to get media ready for Bill.

I would question a persons intelligence if they claimed that Hillary is dumb. She is a lot of things but dumb is certainly not one of them.

Is it really a shocker that Numbers, ph and 07 would vote for her over a Republican? Next you will tell me jhmd is voting Republican.

Haha yeah not a surprise. I just meant that there are some times I wouldn't vote for the Dems or GOP. If it was John Edwards against Marco Rubio I'd just stay home. Hillary is a smart individual who is pretty qualified to be president so I'd definitely take her over the GOP crew.

numbers, you were a Republican when you were at Wake, right?

I'd consider voting for Kasich, Jeb, or Christie (and Colin Powell, Huntsman, or Mitch Daniels) if the GOP had been remotely sane and functional over the last 6 years. The birthers, 40+ pointless Obamacare repeal votes, government shut down, and how badly they mangled LGBT issues destroyed their brand. Dems have hardly torn it up, but I don't trust the GOP with control of the White House in addition to the House and Senate. Doesn't maike HRC a world beater, but it does put the onus on 'Pubs to marginalize/muzzle the wingnuts.

just curious, do you feel that Carly Firoina is dumb?

I honestly don't know enough about her to form an opinion. I don't think people achieve the things that she has achieved by being dumb but it would be unfair for me to render a judgment.

First Prez I voted for was Carter first term. When he ran for reelection I turned my ballot in unmarked, just couldn't vote for Reagan. I was wrong Reagan was pretty good.
As I've gotten older I've gotten more conservative. Couldn't vote for McCain though.
I was raised yellow dog Dem.

Several years ago I asked my Congressman why it seemed no good peeps were interested in the presidency. He responded "Who would want the job."

That would be an awful job. Apart from the loss of your "normal" life nearly every person you meet it would be the most important thing that ever happened to them. Do you know how exhausting that would be?

Several years ago I asked my Congressman why it seemed no good peeps were interested in the presidency. He responded "Who would want the job."

Several of the people running on the GOP side have actively worked to make the presidency less attractive.

Bill would probably argue Hillary did as well.

numbers, you were a Republican when you were at Wake, right?

then he moved to the northeast and met a liberal chick who fucks him. the convictions are strong in that one.

Maybe Eric Holder and Hillary Clinton can share a jail cell.

(b) Whoever—
(1) directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers or promises anything of value to any public official or person who has been selected to be a public official, or offers or promises any public official or any person who has been selected to be a public official to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent—
(A) to influence any official act; or
(B) to influence such public official or person who has been selected to be a public official to commit or aid in committing, or collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or
(C) to induce such public official or such person who has been selected to be a public official to do or omit to do any act in violation of the lawful duty of such official or person;
(2) being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for:
(A) being influenced in the performance of any official act;
(B) being influenced to commit or aid in committing, or to collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or
(C) being induced to do or omit to do any act in violation of the official duty of such official or person;
(3) directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any person, or offers or promises such person to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent to influence the testimony under oath or affirmation of such first-mentioned person as a witness upon a trial, hearing, or other proceeding, before any court, any committee of either House or both Houses of Congress, or any agency, commission, or officer authorized by the laws of the United States to hear evidence or take testimony, or with intent to influence such person to absent himself therefrom;
(4) directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity in return for being influenced in testimony under oath or affirmation as a witness upon any such trial, hearing, or other proceeding, or in return for absenting himself therefrom;
shall be fined under this title or not more than three times the monetary equivalent of the thing of value, whichever is greater, or imprisoned for not more than fifteen years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

Everybody's down on Hillary right now because it's all personality and scandal-hunting. Nobody likes how she's had to recreate what is essentially a commercial image multiple times, and there are plenty of past scars to focus on from emails to Benghazi to being the wife of Slick Willy.

But when most people actually start paying attention to the election a good long ways from now, and you have Hillary on stage debating whoever the right puts up against her, she's probably going to own them. Rubio recently got destroyed by John Kerry in Senate Committee hearing - it came off like a 12-year-old trying to stand up to daddy.

It's really easy to dislike Hillary. But she's smart as shit, has a ton of experience, and she doesn't have to cater to a party line that 80% of the country doesn't agree with just because she can't win the nomination without the 20% that does.

Get ready to hear "I'm not a big fan of her personally, but I think she'd make a good President" from about half of the people who vote for her.

She's also bought and paid for by the Russians and Chinese. While she was the SOS.

If she's our next president, then fuck it all. Where do I sign up for the Marxist revolution.

That would be an awful job. Apart from the loss of your "normal" life nearly every person you meet it would be the most important thing that ever happened to them. Do you know how exhausting that would be?

You get used to it.

If the Bengazi investigation is being "delayed", they don't have anything. I have to believe if they had anything at all from all the scandalous stuff, now would be the time to use it.

Not sympathetic, but the timing does suck for the GOP. They can't pretend Benghazi was the worst thing in American history, but keep delaying the hearings. The private server is the worst thing, but that's already baked into the cake even before hearings.

Wealth issues are the ones that make people despise candidates. McCain not knowing how many houses he owned (thanks to his wife's inherited money) was far worse than anything Mitt did, but people cut McCain more slack. Mitt caught a lot of shit for a car elevator, but the 47% and the timing of the release is what killed him. If Hillary and Chelsea had made their tone deaf comments on wealth in 2016, she'd be toast. People may not be able to relate to the Google Boys' wealth, but at least they can understand how it was earned. People can't relate to Bubba making $100M via speeches, spending $3M on Chelsea's wedding, and still claiming you're not really rich. Hard to keep that drumbeat going unless a smoking gun emerges in mid to late 2016.

Back