• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

This is a ludicrous opinion. To boil down the judgement of a person to only whether they support gun ownership is crazy.

Sigh. Let me repeat. If you are a proud gun owner who supports gun ownership, while i don't agree, I certainly respect your position and want to listen and engage. After reading that part, do you have any questions? Is there anything I need to add to help you understand what I am saying. No? Good...I will continue to the second part.

If you are a proud NRA member, you are an evil fuck.

You see, not all proud gun owners are NRA members. I can draw you a Venn diagram if you need.

Sigh. Let me repeat. If you are a proud gun owner who supports gun ownership, while i don't agree, I certainly respect your position and want to listen and engage. After reading that part, do you have any questions? Is there anything I need to add to help you understand what I am saying. No? Good...I will continue to the second part.

You see, not all proud gun owners are NRA members. I can draw you a Venn diagram if you need.

#density.

Not the way LaPierre and what's her face have been talking in the last 24 hours

Just imagine how terrible the conversations have to be around that office. You have to erode much of your humanity to keep fighting that fight.

Not everyone who supports the NRA wants assault rifles and dead children. SMH.

Excellent post

I mean I get that you can feel that way about people in the NRA itself, but not casual supporters. A lot of people feel like the NRA protects their right to protect their family in the way they chose, and that if not for the NRA gun ownership would be damn near impossible. It does not make them awful people, thinking that way shuts down conversation, which in turn leads to nothing getting accomplished.
Oh, you mean like they way they (the NRA) have shut down conversation so nothing gets accomplished?

Not everyone who supports the NRA wants assault rifles and dead children. SMH.

That’s what that organization wants, whatever scenario allows the most guns sold and made that will get them the most money, dead kids be damned. If you support the NRA you either accept that and all that comes with it, don’t support the NRA because you don’t want to be complicit in child murder, or you support the NRA and are too dumb to understand the agenda of the organization you support.

I don't know what you are trying to say.

Dude we need change. We need to gain influence and force compromise. I’m my life when I do that I don’t start the conversations off with “fuck you, you evil bastard”. It forces them to dig in, and make change impossible.

But they are literally supporting blocking any and all legislation to limit assault riffles.

Yeah but is there any other organization that supports their rights to own reasonable weapons reasonably supported by private donations apart from gun manufactures?

I mean I’m never going to be a member of the NRA but I can get why a non evil person would choose to do so.

Last edited:
When you are dealing with a minority that’s subjecting the majority to their will you don’t enter the negotiations asking to compromise, in fact you don’t negotiate at all, you gather your majority and you stomp on their neck, Fuck the NRA.

Yeah but is there any other organization that supports their rights to own reasonable weapons reasonably?

Start one. I’m sorry if the implication hurts your feelings, but any money you give to the NRA physically goes to block any and all gun reform. That’s not subjective. They are pretty open about their unwillingness to even give an inch.

When you are dealing with a minority that’s subjecting the majority to their will you don’t enter the negotiations asking to compromise, in fact you don’t negotiate at all, you gather your majority and you stomp on their neck, Fuck the NRA.

Yeah? How has that been working out for you boss man.

Not voting republican and not an NRA member so my conscience is clean in the murdered children department.

Not voting republican and not an NRA member so my conscience is clean in the murdered children department.

You voted for Clinton who took direct and indirect money from the NRA, you voted for Obama whose drone program killed hundreds of innocent children.

Yeah that’s the equivalent of this NRA argument of allowing handguns If you eliminate assault rifles compared to assault rifles for everyone!!!
Or
Not American children don’t count or something like that, America first!!

Back