• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Yeah that’s the equivalent of this NRA argument of allowing handguns If you eliminate assault rifles compared to assault rifles for everyone!!!
Or
Not American children don’t count or something like that, America first!!

It most certainly of moral equivalence..hypocrite

NRA spent 31 million trying to defeat Clinton, so NRA donations are a no go equivalency. Drone strikes are deplorable and plenty bitched when Obama did them and have only gotten worse as far as dead children under Trump.

NRA spent 31 million trying to defeat Clinton, so NRA donations are a no go equivalency. Drone strikes are deplorable and plenty bitched when Obama did them and have only gotten worse as far as dead children under Trump.

Bullshit

Here is a blow to the gun community. Armed guard responsible for protecting the school waits outside the school building like a true coward. While his unarmed peers give their lives protecting the children.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html

Peterson resigned after he was suspended without pay by Israel pending an internal investigation into his actions during the shooting that left 17 people dead, Israel said. Peterson was eligible for retirement.

"I'm too old for this shit" is not the way to response when the low likelihood event you're hired to prevent actually happens.

One thing people forget in this whole hype about employing SROs to prevent school shootings is that school shootings are not likely to happen at your school. There may be some fights to break up and such. Be it's a pretty cushy job at 95% of schools. I'm not surprised some deputy that wasn't assigned to address more likely crimes pussed out. Having a gun doesn't make you a hero.

This revelation isn't really a blow to the gun community for two reasons.

First, that opinion is mostly just a strategy to deflect from guns. Anybody who truly believes a school resource officer or whatever armed individuals are going to stop somebody with an AR-15 or similar weapon isn't going to change their opinion when that doesn't work.

Second, as others have pointed out, there was armed security at Pulse and other mass shootings and that didn't stop people from claiming more armed security is the best solution. The nuts will just be like "Well I would have done this."

This is horrible:
[h=3]Security footage was on 20-minute delay during shooting[/h]
Officials also reported Thursday that surveillance footage from the school shooting was not shown live, as responding officers initially thought.
According to Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi, the footage had been rewound, and police were watching it on a 20-minute delay, leading them to believe the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, was still in the building when he was long gone.

[h=3]Gunman was already at Walmart[/h]
While the rewound footage might not have increased the number of casualties, it did hamper efforts to locate the gunman.
"Somebody would say, 'He's on the second floor,' and we had guys on the second floor saying, 'We're on the second floor, we don't see him.' That's when we figured out there's a tape delay," Pustizzi told the Sun Sentinel.
According to police scanner traffic from the streaming website Broadcastify, at 2:43 p.m. on February 14, police found someone to give them access to the school's security footage.

By 2:50 p.m., the suspect had already bought a drink at a Subway restaurant inside a Walmart store and left on foot, four minutes before scanner traffic said the gunman was still on the second floor of the school.

That's a major screw up. It's one thing when I forget I rewound a game to watch a Doral dunk again and sit though some commercial breaks. This is really bad. The cops were lucky the shooter got hungry. Twice.

At 3:02 p.m., when the Broward County timeline says Cruz briefly stopped at a nearby McDonald's, an officer says the suspect dropped a bag near a stairwell. Another officer asks if the footage is a recording.

Scott Israel has no position to speak from. His deputies were called out to deal with Cruz 40 times and didn’t do squat.

FAIL any way you cut it. Same for the Bureau and their utterly inept response to citizens actively perceiving a bonafide threat — so much so that one would contact the FBI and do so multiple times with regard to the same person and same threats.

Dude we need change. We need to gain influence and force compromise. I’m my life when I do that I don’t start the conversations off with “fuck you, you evil bastard”. It forces them to dig in, and make change impossible.

Ok. I get this perspective. You are probably right. The approach I would like to see is to limit to zero the amount of influence the NRA has over our lawmakers. If we could pull that off, then we wouldn't need to compromise with the NRA. And we could have rational discussion with responsible gun owners, who absolutely have a valid perspective.

And it looks like some of that 31 Million may have been illegally given to the NRA by Russia.

NRA, Russia and Trump: How 'dark money' is poisoning American democracy
The FBI is investigating the National Rifle Association to determine

But when it comes to funding, the NRA may have finally gone too far: the FBI recently launched an investigation to determine whether a Russian central banker, and Putin ally, illegally funneled money through the organization to help the Trump campaign.

These allegations have prompted a complaint to the Federal Election Commission and an effort by Sen. Ron Wyden to obtain documents from the Treasury Department and the NRA. As shocking as other Russia-related revelations have been — attempts to hack voting machines, vast Internet propaganda, leaking of stolen campaign information — this allegation illustrates a problem of even broader scope.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/nra...dering-poisoning-us-democracy-commentary.html

Good. A .22 is solid gun to go squirrel hunting with.

I want to make sure I am not jumping to conclusions or that I need help with my reading comprehension.

Is this a correct summary of what you are saying? A 13 year old illegally buying a firearm is "good."

Back