• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Jimmy John's is led by a terrible person. I'm pretty sure that's the joke.

I saw that Marco Rubio used "I call BS" in a pro-gun tweet, and I felt a moment of white hot rage, then I saw this:

I really love these kids, and I am very excited for the energy and passion they are bringing to this issue.

I'm also a little interested at how amplified their voices seem to be compared to other kids with concerns over gun violence. I can't help, but think there is a racial and socioeconomic privilege at play here. I think that baggage is also caught up in the reality that guys like Dylan Roof and Nikolas Cruz seem to be taken alive while kids like Tamir Rice get gunned down. I'm not sure the time is right yet, but I think those are worthwhile conversations to have.

How much money does Rubio get from the nra that it's worth selling out his morality?

We're taking your guns, dude. It's gonna happen. Maybe 1000 more school kids die first. Hopefully not.

If you don’t take real world action and instead sit back like the cat-Ass in the Hat 🎩 you have proven you are... then Any such violence at schools or other unarmed targets in the future will Be ON YOU. The Blood will be on Democrat hands for having sat on them instead of taking the real world as the reality it is and will be for a long time. So come up with a real world solution unless,of course,you merely want to hear yourself speak.

How much money does Rubio get from the nra that it's worth selling out his morality?

$3.2MM for the 2016 election

FINAL_NRAs-Biggest-Bets-5200x0-c-default.png

I really love these kids, and I am very excited for the energy and passion they are bringing to this issue.

I'm also a little interested at how amplified their voices seem to be compared to other kids with concerns over gun violence. I can't help, but think there is a racial and socioeconomic privilege at play here. I think that baggage is also caught up in the reality that guys like Dylan Roof and Nikolas Cruz seem to be taken alive while kids like Tamir Rice get gunned down. I'm not sure the time is right yet, but I think those are worthwhile conversations to have.

Stay on script

If you don’t take real world action and instead sit back like the cat-Ass in the Hat you have proven you are... then Any such violence at schools or other unarmed targets in the future will Be ON YOU. The Blood will be on Democrat hands for having sat on them instead of taking the real world as the reality it is and will be for a long time. So come up with a real world solution unless,of course,you merely want to hear yourself speak.
"Reality as it is". Hmm. The reality is that of all the variables involved in shooting deaths, the easiest for the government to control is access to firearms. That's reality.

Yes, definitely. Unfortunately one thing that makes them so powerful is that they cause white, suburban moms to think "those kids could be my kids." Hopefully their success and popularity opens the door for other voices.

Parkland student:

Lectro is proof that we need to spend more money on teaching basic reading and writing skills than spending money on guns in schools

..and of the effectiveness of disinformation efforts, Russian and otherwise.

...and that objectophilia can work with an AR-15 if both parties are full committed to the relationship.

if you don't think some nut has jammed a gun in his/her sig other's orifices, i got some bridges to sell you

Back