• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

You mean the good guys with guns, who have specific training for these situations, were unable to stop an active shooter? Shocking!

I'm sure you'll forget this line of reasoning when masturbating to dear leader's inane tweets about arming teachers though.

Cowards. The word is cowards.

You guys hear Glorious Leader’s new great idea? A rating system for movies! Genius! We are truly blessed with his magnificence.

Cowards. The word is cowards.

Yeah and if we can't count on trained officers to handle it, why expect more from a nice 50 year old lady teaching social studies?

Not attributing this to you, I'd hope you'd have the good sense to postpone your trolling for a school shooting. Particularly since lectro is posting at caricature level, we have enough bullshit circulating.

My boss is a former Marine. We've talked a lot over the last few days about active shooters and what to do/what not to do in the event our campus has one. What he has said over and over is, "You don't know how you'll react until it happens. In the Marines, we had bullets flying by our heads weekly if not daily, so we are accustomed to remaining calm. But unless you have familiarity with such a situation, you don't know what you'll do."

For that reason, I don't blame the deputies for not going into the school. It's a shocking, traumatic event and even trained officers could freeze. It's unfortunate that it happened and I sincerely hope that no deaths resulted from such a split-second decision. But I don't blame them. And anyone calling them cowards can go fuck themselves.

My boss is a former Marine. We've talked a lot over the last few days about active shooters and what to do/what not to do in the event our campus has one. What he has said over and over is, "You don't know how you'll react until it happens. In the Marines, we had bullets flying by our heads weekly if not daily, so we are accustomed to remaining calm. But unless you have familiarity with such a situation, you don't know what you'll do."

For that reason, I don't blame the deputies for not going into the school. It's a shocking, traumatic event and even trained officers could freeze. It's unfortunate that it happened and I sincerely hope that no deaths resulted from such a split-second decision. But I don't blame them. And anyone calling them cowards can go fuck themselves.

It's their job. It's what they get paid to do. That asshole got paid over $100,000 a year. I understand how someone could freeze. But when your one job, your one thing to do, is to not freeze? Screw that.

Florida school shooting survivor’s family has gotten death threats from right-wing conspiracy theorists

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rvivor-family-death-threats-article-1.3836226

Because of those shocking and false assertions, Hogg’s family is now fielding death threats, according to his mother, Rebecca Boldrick. But the threats have not dissuaded them.
“It’s making us more determined than ever. They’re not going to scare us. This energizes us,” Boldrick, 51, told the Daily News on Thursday. “We need to get the message out that school shootings need to stop and that assault rifles need to be banned.”
Among the disturbing messages, Boldrick said, was one lobbed over social media to her daughter, a Stoneman Douglas freshman who lost four friends in the Feb. 14 slaughter.
“Go die, you w---e,” the user wrote, according to Boldrick.

--------------

So does anybody out there still think Republicans care about school shooting victims?

Last edited:
Everyone see what really happened with the “scripted” questions family. Dad tries to exploit the situation to push his own weird conservative views, writes an email to cnn telling them as his son that he needs to ask four questions with a paragraph background each, cnn responds telling them that the son can only ask the scripted question that he had submitted and agreed upon, dumbass Dad shops the emails to networks editing them to remove the your sons submitted question as agreed upon, so it looks like it just says must ask scripted question, cnn releases unedited emails, family looks like a bunch of idiots.

Rubes won’t care.

Although Peterson was “distraught” about the shooting that killed 17 people, he believed he performed his duty, Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association head Jim Bell said Thursday.
“He believed he did a good job calling in the location, setting up the perimeter and calling in the description (of suspect Nikolas Cruz),” Bell said.

Cops need to stop covering for poor policing. Johnson stood by and let children die.

Everyone see what really happened with the “scripted” questions family. Dad tries to exploit the situation to push his own weird conservative views, writes an email to cnn telling them as his son that he needs to ask four questions with a paragraph background each, cnn responds telling them that the son can only ask the scripted question that he had submitted and agreed upon, dumbass Dad shops the emails to networks editing them to remove the your sons submitted question as agreed upon, so it looks like it just says must ask scripted question, cnn releases unedited emails, family looks like a bunch of idiots.

About what I speculated when I first read the story.

I love that the civilized world is starting to shun the NRA.

Back