• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Grobe ain't too happy

He gave praise to the guys doing their jobs (Camp, Dembry, Pend) and didn't call out a single guy not doing his job. He all but raved about the D and how hard they're playing and blasted the O.

It does have me concerned that BP was the only RB mentioned who has been at practice everyday.

There is also a difference between being hurt, suiting up for practice, and being around the guys, hearing the play calls and doing what individual/team stuff you can do. Rather than standing on the sideline in shorts with a hat on joking with the dumb punters and kickers.

Yeah what a bunch of jackasses.

Kidding...that's for the input sdeacz

There is also a difference between being hurt, suiting up for practice, and being around the guys, hearing the play calls and doing what individual/team stuff you can do. Rather than standing on the sideline in shorts with a hat on joking with the dumb punters and kickers.

Agreed.

And maybe this is the kick in the ass our team needs.

I also think he may be going for some motivation as far as coming into spring practices in good shape. Not all injuries can be avoided, but if he feels like a lack of conditioning/weight room time may have contributed to some of the injuries then he probably isn't too happy about that.

27 is right. I don't think Coach is really talking about players who are actually injured, as much as he is talking about toughness. He is challenging them all, and letting them know that toughness is at least as important as other skills, and I don't think we would want it any other way. Refusing to lose is a team character trait we've not demonstrated in several years.

27 is right. I don't think Coach is really talking about players who are actually injured, as much as he is talking about toughness. He is challenging them all, and letting them know that toughness is at least as important as other skills, and I don't think we would want it any other way. Refusing to lose is a team character trait we've not demonstrated in several years.

+1

Maybe Grobe got the "culture" speech from Wellman too.

Some good insights on this thread. I agree with most that what Grobe is doing is trying to build up toughness and let those that just want to skate by in Spring that he is aware and is none too happy. If they think Spring practice is tough, then what are they expected when 2-a-days hit in the dead middle of summer?

Sack up, boys.

Man, he went after the TE's and RB's......I guess he is mainly talking about Harris since he pointed out Pendergrass is out there.

I find it ironic that Grobe is calling out the TEs. I can't fathom why a TE would want to come to Wake. They are complete afterthoughts in the Lobo offense.

It's nice to have tough guys on the football field, but sometimes injuries are injuries. If Josh Harris sustained some season injury because he was trying to practice through pain, I would be furious. I'm sure others here would be as well.

It's nice to have tough guys on the football field, but sometimes injuries are injuries. If Josh Harris sustained some season injury because he was trying to practice through pain, I would be furious. I'm sure others here would be as well.

I hear what you are saying; but I will be more furious to discover that he is not completely committed to being as prepared to play as he can possibly be. Or, to learn that he lacks the toughness to be the workhorse back that we need for him to be. The talent is obvious. The toughness and commitment issues are perhaps not as obvious, yet. Maybe they are and I just am not in position to see them. Perhaps others can alleviate my concerns in this regard.

I find it ironic that Grobe is calling out the TEs. I can't fathom why a TE would want to come to Wake. They are complete afterthoughts in the Lobo offense.

To block? That's pretty much it.

A couple of years ago we used the TE's quite a bit. It depends on which offense Lobo is running. :confused:

I could live with my tight ends just blocking, if they were blocking well. Heck, yeah, I could live with that.

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
i wish my hamstring was 100%.. practice would be so easy..

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
idk about practice today.. it's to cold out there & i gotta be smart about this..

Ugh, you gotta hate it when Coach is basically saying we've got a bunch of pansies on Offense this spring.

Back