• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Grobe ain't too happy

Bearded Grobe is angry!

1zdq4nn.jpg

if bz said that everyone would be pissed.

He hasn't built up the cache that Grobe has. I will always cut a coach who takes a team to unprecedented heights much more slack than a first year coach, no matter how many issues with which their team is dealing.

yeah he has a hammy injury. One would think that stretching it properly would allow him to practice.

My sister was a college athlete. She fought hamstring issues for many years in high school and college. Stretching didn't do it. She would have PT throughout the week and it didn't help. What it took was her taking 2 years off from her sport (and running) for it to heal and repair.

Hamstring issues are tough. No way to do it but rest. Even as a high school athlete though I played on sprains and strains and even if I couldn't do contact I still did conditioning and things like that. Im sure some guys have legit issues but I'm also sure some could be out there.

A dude I wrestled with was in the district tournament and a guy shot in and put his shoulder into my buddy's leg and broke his tibia. My buddy got up and finished the match on one leg and beat the kid. We had to help him off the mat and then he went to the hospital.

I dare say he should be too happy with himself, his coaching staff or the players after the last 2 terrbile seasons we have had. Geez he ought to be laying Lobo and the players out by now.

"Last season doesn’t cut it," said Grobe. "It’s not like we have a season like we had last year, we can’t all get together at Chuck E. Cheese and hand out trophies. At this level, it just doesn’t happen and our guys have to understand it. If you don’t practice, it’s going to be hard for us to be a good football team. We have to have durable and dependable guys."

- nice quote from Grobie, 27

+1. Grobe obviously "gets it" and appears thoroughly frustrated.

"Last season doesn’t cut it," said Grobe. "It’s not like we have a season like we had last year, we can’t all get together at Chuck E. Cheese and hand out trophies. At this level, it just doesn’t happen and our guys have to understand it. If you don’t practice, it’s going to be hard for us to be a good football team. We have to have durable and dependable guys."

Love. Would like to see more of this from Bzzz

I'm in love with this quote.

If Bz said that, we'd all say he threw players under the bus. In all honesty, I'm not sure Grobe's 3-9 season with the worst defensive football team ever was any different than Bz's abortion. We just give Grobe the benefit of the doubt, for obvious reasons.

I dont understand why these quotes are controversial

Defense is normally ahead of offense early in the year

Yes injuries happen, but there are also a lot of guys who dog spring ball because it is spring ball. Grobe called em out.

Who cares

Grobe took Wake Forest football to its highest point in school history.
Bz took Wake Forest basketball to its lowest point in school history.
Bz has to win a hell of a lot more games before I cut him the slack I cut Grobe.

Grobe should stop throwing his players under the bus and coach better. He's been nothing more than a paycheck collector over the past two years and instead of owning up to doing a miserable job he blames the player's injuries. The Jim Grobe of the first eight years has been replaced by an impostor apparently. I can't stand it when coaches don't own up to their failings. Grobe and Lobo have flat out failed the last two years.

Own up to it and stop throwing your players under the bus.

Back