• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K whines again, drops F-bomb at fans

JDawg

Reaction score
Surprised this hasn't made it to this board yet

-----
As students and fans at John Paul Jones Arena stormed the court after the Cavaliers' 73-68 win over the No. 3 team in the nation, there was no rope line giving Duke’s players, coaches and personnel a path to get off the court, leaving them to fight their way through the crowd with aid from only a couple of security guards and a local policeman.

The 66-year-old Krzyzewski stopped and hollered an F-bomb at a fan before security could drag him away. Right behind the Hall of Fame coach were his players, some cursing at fans, some ignoring it and ducking into the hallway. Assistant coach Jeff Capel went back and yelled a few curse words while another assistant coach, Steve Wojciechowski, did his best to quickly usher players into the safe area.

-----

http://www.foxsportscarolinas.com/03/01/13/Coach-K-has-to-be-restrained-from-Va-fa/msn_landing.html?blockID=871813&feedID=3736

His general point about team protection that makes up most of the article is kinda true though.

(and yes I realize the thread title is slightly misleading)

Glad to see the old Coach K is back in form- I've missed him these last few years while he has been on his best behavior.

So the Big 10 is going to get 3 #1 seeds?

I despise Duke as much as anyone, but the visiting coach and players all require protection/security to the locker room after every game given the current state of our society.

I despise Duke as much as anyone, but the visiting coach and players all require protection/security to the locker room after every game given the current state of our society.

Of course. But screw discussing that, let's laugh at Coach K's unprofessionalism while the media treats him as a darling

There was a thread a few months ago where people talked about how much they respected K. Those people were wrong. (Those two sentences back-to-back sound very rjkarl-esque... I like it).

He's a great basketball coach because he recruits elite talent. But I don't respect him one damn bit.

Nothing really to see here
We don't know what went down...if it was in fact a lapse of security then he has a point. It looked like to me that there was a human wall set up by the JPJ staff to keep students away from players....but all I could see was the wide shot of the whole floor....which you can't get too much detail from

I wish the media would just key off on K's illegitimate whining during the game and not on semi legitimate stuff after the game

If he has to be physically restrained who needs protection? Didn't a Duke or UNC player punch a Wake student one time?

Um, that may be one of the most organized court stormings that I have ever seen. Look at the arena security and how well they protected Duke and the handshake line. What the fuck is K whining about?

Um, that may be one of the most organized court stormings that I have ever seen. Look at the arena security and how well they protected Duke and the handshake line. What the fuck is K whining about?

What the fuck is he talking about???? You had more protection than I've ever seen during a court rush.

It never ceases to amaze me how much of a whiny little prick this guy can be sometimes. Duke is just the worst - there's absolutely nothing good about it.

I notice that he no longer has a problem with our motorcycle now that we've stopped beating them consistently.

UNC fan got instantly banned for posting this picture on the Duke site. Why let truth get in the way of a good story?

uva-duke-postgame.jpg

Back