• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]

I'm still curious why Wellman felt that he could engage in a longer search process. This whole thing took less than a week. This is the quickest search we've had under Wellman, even quicker than Dino's hiring. Why did he feel he had to get a safe pick in so quickly instead of looking at other options?

Thanks for the info, King.

Well, someone implied on this thread that he had been putting out feelers pre-Dino firing methinks (at least for Stevens). I'm sure he didn't want to wait too long, for fear we'd be started even later than we already were in the 2011 recruiting race, and also for our current commits' sakes.

The higher ups in the DC funded the Dino buyout. From that I would hope that money wasn't an issue for a new coach.

Sadly, with our current AD the casual fan will never know the full truth. God forbid he inform the people that care about the program.

Not sad at all, that's the way it should be.

Stevens aside, it sounds like getting a power conference coach might have carried a lot more weight with Wellman then maybe it should have.

I don't think we need the full truth. But a little bit of information post-act would be nice.

We are the ones that basically pay his salary afterall. I'd like to think that leads to him not treating us like filth.

Anyone besides me ever wonder why JB's daughter was already here at wake ? With all of the other choices out west it just seems strange that she chose lowf .

Anyone besides me ever wonder why JB's daughter was already here at wake ? With all of the other choices out west it just seems strange that she chose lowf .

Eh, they apparently spent a lot of time in NC, vacationing and what not.

I bet she is not too happy with her dad right now though.

All of the sudden she's Coach [Redacted]'s daughter to everyone. Probably not what she had in mind when she moved across the country to go to school.

I hope nobody is holding Buzz's lack of success against his daughter. That would be weak sauce to the extreme.

Eh, they apparently spent a lot of time in NC, vacationing and what not.

I bet she is not too happy with her dad right now though.

All of the sudden she's Coach [Redacted]'s daughter to everyone. Probably not what she had in mind when she moved across the country to go to school.

Another of what I consider just too much of a coincidence .

I hope nobody is holding Buzz's lack of success against his daughter. That would be weak sauce to the extreme.

I doubt it, but it's got to be pretty much impossible to avoid hearing conversations about him.

Another of what I consider just too much of a coincidence .

Not really, she would have applied during 2008 and accepted by May 1st of 2009.

No way this was planned since then.

God, I hope not! We gave Dino a damn extension around that time.

Well, someone implied on this thread that he had been putting out feelers pre-Dino firing methinks (at least for Stevens). I'm sure he didn't want to wait too long, for fear we'd be started even later than we already were in the 2011 recruiting race, and also for our current commits' sakes.

No doubt. But those three must have turned us down pretty early, maybe even before Dino was fired. There was more time to go for other options before Bz.

I wouldn't make too much of this. I was born/raised in the people's republic of Kalifornia and chose Wake over comparable west coast schools; when you find the right thing, you just know.

No doubt. But those three must have turned us down pretty early, maybe even before Dino was fired. There was more time to go for other options before Bz.

Saneff's theory on Wellman falling in love with Buzz after the Air Force trouncing starting to make more and more sense.

Speculation is that Brownell among others was considered as well, even if not formally interviewed, but there was a mutual loss of interest from both parties after their initial communication.

Speculation is that Brownell among others was considered as well, even if not formally interviewed, but there was a mutual loss of interest from both parties after their initial communication.

Ugh, after seeing brownell this season, this hurts.

Maybe, I'm still not judging either Brownell or Donahue until they've been there a couple seasons. Although Brownell seems to have the recruiting angle down much better than Donahue at this point at least.

Maybe, I'm still not judging either Brownell or Donahue until they've been there a couple seasons. Although Brownell seems to have the recruiting angle down much better than Donahue at this point at least.

Either way, they just seem to have a better presence/grasp on coaching an ACC team.

So Clemson beat us for Brownell? I would love to have gotten Brownell. Why did he cool on us so quickly?

Back