• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]

Eh, they apparently spent a lot of time in NC, vacationing and what not.

I bet she is not too happy with her dad right now though.

All of the sudden she's Coach [Redacted]'s daughter to everyone. Probably not what she had in mind when she moved across the country to go to school.

Ugh. Yeah that would seriously suck... I feel bad for her.

I'm completely sold on Brownell becoming a very good coach. Not sold on Donahue at all. Next season will speak volumes about his ability.

BC was picked 10th in the preseason this year. Recruiting will determine whether Donahue can exceed Skinner's accomplishments, but he did a terrific job this year.

BC was picked 10th in the preseason this year. Recruiting will determine whether Donahue can exceed Skinner's accomplishments, but he did a terrific job this year.

That's true, I'll give him credit for making those seniors look much better than they ever had before (and Reggie Jackson turning into a first round draft pick). Like you say, the recruiting will make or break him.

BC may struggle next year, but two things:

1. They're not going to struggle like we did.
2. This season leads me to think they'll be alright in two years regardless.

while he was our only offer last April he wasn't our first choice. Overtures were sent to Brad Stevens, Steve Alford and to a lesser extent Tubby Smith. All were quickly and politely declined.

Some close to the situation feel that RW panicked after these initial overtures were declined fearing a drawn-out public coaching search. RW was also the first to mention Coach [Redacted]'s name, and many others involved in the search hadn't even heard of him before.

This is the basic version of the story as I heard it from true insiders.

Thanks for the info, OP. I can believe it. I do agree that Wellman settled on [Redacted] too quickly after getting denied by Tubby and Alford and that pursuit of a few mid-major coaches would've been preferable.

Fuck me. The mere thought of Steve Alford at Wake is enough for a chub

Money was seemingly the issue at hand for Tubby Smith, not sure about Steve Alford.

I will back up the first post about who we went after at first.

Well guys we obviously didn't want Tubby. He's a good recruiter but a horrible game coach. :p

Didn't Tubby also have some violations?

Culture change.

Thanks for the info, OP. I can believe it. I do agree that Wellman settled on [Redacted] too quickly after getting denied by Tubby and Alford and that pursuit of a few mid-major coaches would've been preferable.

Exactly.

I am going to be so pissed when Georgia Tech announces Chris Mooney as their next coach. So pissed.

Would be very surprised if they get Mack.

Three games a year against Kelsey at X and Mack at Tech would be interesting to say the least.

Back