• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Wonder if Skeen is playing any role?

I would think Shaka is asking his perspective on life at WFU...

When I was watching their first round loss against SFA, I was thinking that Skeen would have really helped VCU this year.

My biggest fear is he pulls a Bobby Cremins. Publicly accepts our off but before he formally signs backs out and says he can't leave VCU. And if you really want to drive the knife in deep, two days later he goes to Marquette.

My biggest fear is he pulls a Bobby Cremins. Publicly accepts our off but before he formally signs backs out and says he can't leave VCU. And if you really want to drive the knife in deep, two days later he goes to Marquette.

That would truly be a Haas.

How long does it take Shaka to talk it over with Maya. We should have just give the blank check directly to her.

I really wish Shaka would go ahead and say YES so I can get back to work...

Word on campus is Shaka is concerned about recruiting restrictions and whether he could have a competitive ACC team.

Word on campus is Shaka is concerned about recruiting restrictions and whether he could have a competitive ACC team.

Then he needs to talk to Carl Tacy or Dave Odom or Dino. The obvious answer is YES, Wake has been and can again be competitive.

I suspect our current students have these questions -- they've not seen a competitive program during their time at Wake. I don't really buy that Shaka doesn't realize our potential, though. He's a coach, and a smart coach (--eh, no pun intended.) We were ranked #1 IN THE COUNTRY shortly before the bzzard hopped aboard.

Last edited:

And probably for good reason. I recall poster's saying Wellman looked to Davidson as the model for our basketball team. If that is true I do not think Wake will be able to be competitive in the ACC. Wellman is not gonna back down from all the culture bs he started spouting after firing Dino. And a lot of people, even on here, still buy into it, but mainly the people around him and Ron himself now firmly believe it. I'm sure Shaka doesn't want to have to deal with Ron constantly vetoing his recruits because they might not be a good fit for the Wake Forest Way.

And probably for good reason. I recall poster's saying Wellman looked to Davidson as the model for our basketball team. If that is true I do not think Wake will be able to be competitive in the ACC. Wellman is not gonna back down from all the culture bs he started spouting after firing Dino. And a lot of people, even on here, still buy into it, but mainly the people around him and Ron himself now firmly believe it. I'm sure Shaka doesn't want to have to deal with Ron constantly vetoing his recruits because they might not be a good fit for the Wake Forest Way.

Do you really think Wellman is pushing that? Look higher..

We were ranked #1 IN THE COUNTRY shortly before the bzzard hopped aboard.

And the coach who got us to number one was fired because Ron didn't like the players he was bringing in. You guys don't want to admit it, but I bet word has got around in coaching circles, if you go to Wake know that the AD might be a huge headache.

And the coach who got us to number one was fired because Ron didn't like the players he was bringing in. You guys don't want to admit it, but I bet word has got around in coaching circles, if you go to Wake know that the AD might be a huge headache.

For one more year......

Back