• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching staff took the last 6 weeks off.

I said at the beginning of the year that we needed to be competitive and that a bowl would be a bonus.

We met my standards of performance.

The HC position just opened up at UAB, Memphis, Kansas, AND Illinois. We need to start trying to sell Lobo, and fast!

The HC position just opened up at UAB, Memphis, Kansas, AND Illinois. We need to start trying to sell Lobo, and fast!

UAB would be our only hope from that list.

Hopefully, some division II schools are in need during the off-season.

I see a lot of complaints on here about the coaches not having the team ready to play and yes yesterday we were not ready to play but don't you people think that if there was some formula that coaches could use to allow this every coach would always have there team ready to play. You do realize that if every team was always ready to play the team with the best talent would always win and there would be no upsets. Generally, it is my experience that the more seniors you have that are important players and leaders the better prepared you are to play each week, the hungrier your team is, and we looked fully satisfied yesterday, therefore flat and butt whipped. No team can play every game at peak efficiency and generally when you are not playing at your best if your team does not have significantly superior talent to your opponent you will lose. We had just played 3 straight games at pretty high efficiency so it was not surprising that we had a letdown game, and folded like a cheap shirt. Just my observations from being a player and fan for 50 years.

The team should always be ready to play. That is the job of the coaching staff. Having the team ready mentally and game plan wise and this staff has indeed taken 6 weeks off and should have to refund some of their pay

For a head coach receiving over $2 million/year, being "not ready to play" is a horse shit excuse.

Where is the junior and senior leadership from the players? IMO, they should share a large part of the responsibility to get the team "ready to play."

50 year old men can only do so much to motivate 18-22 year olds. Leadership on the best teams comes from within.

Wake's junior and seniors failed miserably.

Where is the junior and senior leadership from the players? IMO, they should share a large part of the responsibility to get the team "ready to play."

50 year old men can only do so much to motivate 18-22 year olds. Leadership on the best teams comes from within.

Wake's junior and seniors failed miserably.
Well said. It was team lack of effort. Coaches, players, hell even the fans (myself included) were less than enthused about this game and it showed right from the start.

So your job depends on the readiness of 18-22 year old college students for 13 weeks in a row too?

Saban, Miles, Kelly, Beamer and many others don't seem to have this problem.

So, I guess this moves us to the talent argument. Well, that doesn't really work either given that some much less talented teams seem ready to play every weekend.

Hmmm. Oh well.

I still blame Trent Strickland and his reverse dunk attempt vs. Duke (game where we were winning but his reverse dunk awfulness was the start of Duke coming back). WF athletics have not been the same since then.

I harken back to 2001 when Antwan Scott missed the dunk against St Johns at Madison Square Garden right before the half. Could have put us up 7, instead ball boinks all the way back to half court. Johnnies get a 3 at the buzzer to cut it to 2 & we never recovered.

Not necessarily.

But we shouldn't matter to Grobe anyway.

And I am fairly confident that we dont.

We may not want to share that tidbit with others on here. It might hurt their feelings.

I dont think anyone who cares about our program would argue that wasnt disappointing.

I care and I help PAY for this crap. Let me emphasize "PAY" and "HELP".

As in, I am one of many others that funded that turd left on the field Saturday.

So I guess you are saying that we are in agreement then?!?

Back