• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching staff took the last 6 weeks off.

Goolsby,
Here's hoping you have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny Fu@&$ng Kaye.

Goolsby,
Here's hoping you have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny Fu@&$ng Kaye.

Gracias I have calmed down since yesterday, found the Tylenol and watched christmAs vacation.

Saban, Miles, Kelly, Beamer and many others don't seem to have this problem.

So, I guess this moves us to the talent argument. Well, that doesn't really work either given that some much less talented teams seem ready to play every weekend.

Hmmm. Oh well.

Right, and I bet all of the Florida State and NC State fans were saying the same thing as we are now after we beat them this year. Not to mention all of the other teams we have beaten in recent years.

Beamer got blown out at home to a Clemson team that we nearly beat in Death Valley. Nick Saban lost to LSU by 3 at home. Chip Kelly got blown out to an LSU team that was without their starting QB at the time.

Vandy is not nearly on the level of these teams, but to say that other coaches don't run into problems motivating their players is just false.

It kind of seems that our coaches and players have a somewhat rocky relationship, especially some of the assistants, and lack the a common enthusiasm/attitude about the game. I have no idea what it is like inside the locker room at halftime, but I could only guess that judging from the 2nd half performances this season, the mood is quite different in there compared to some of the other bigtime programs.. What does Grobe say to the team when they are about to take the field? "alright gentleman let's go back out there and score some points. Talk to you after the game. Play well."

Where is the spark and energy between Grobe and the players? Maybe it's not important, maybe it's up to the assistants, but when I look at winning programs and the head coaches, I bet 99/100 of them don't gingerly watch the game, picking at the grass and looking at the sky while refs make terrible play calls, players make terrible decisions (Okoro yesterday), and your team is flat out not putting 100% effort forth. What player is going to give a shit when theirs no immediate accountability and emotion from the head coach during a game, especially when the crowd is basically no paying attention either.

Right, and I bet all of the Florida State and NC State fans were saying the same thing as we are now after we beat them this year. Not to mention all of the other teams we have beaten in recent years.

Beamer got blown out at home to a Clemson team that we nearly beat in Death Valley. Nick Saban lost to LSU by 3 at home. Chip Kelly got blown out to an LSU team that was without their starting QB at the time.

Vandy is not nearly on the level of these teams, but to say that other coaches don't run into problems motivating their players is just false.

This post doesn't make sense to me. Just because a team loses doesn't mean they weren't ready to play.

Back