• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coincidence

Sitting down for breakfast, we overhear this guy at the counter asking for directions, who himself had gotten lost driving around, looking for a hiking spot. Turns out, it was an older buddy from back home (Wake grad, former poster). We were probably 10 miles out of our way and he was at least 20, each of us a thousand miles away from home at a diner in bumfuck, nowhere, Colorado.

That chump ellis would get lost

After we had been married for about a year, my wife and I figured out we had spoken on the phone about 5 years before we ever met (and 10 years before we got married). Turns out she had dated my sophomore year roommate for about a month after they met working at the same store in Lexington, Ky over Christmas break.

I love this sort of stuff. My wife and I grew up about 15 miles apart and it's very feasible that saw each other in passing, stood next to each other in a line, were at the same bar, or followed each other in traffic numerous times before we met in 2011. Makes you think about all the random faces you see every day.

Just ran into the Ulta store here in Asheville and ran into my second cousin. I knew she lived in Asheville but didn't know she was working there. Fun coincidence.

my ancestors were from Germany and we played Germany in soccer today, coincidence??

I was at my friend from HS in Atlanta's dorm at UVA my freshman year, along w/ my freshman year roommate from Wake. We're sitting there and in walks two people from my Virginia HS.

It was crazy to have all 3 sets of friends together in one space, mind blower.

I run an Airsoft camp for one week every summer and today's game was called "Black Hawk Down". After finishing a brief history and instructions on how to play we head out to the field. In the hallway is this guy working on the cable and HVAC system... Anyway, he pulls me aside and says that he overheard me telling the kids about the event and that he is retired military. I'm thinking that he is going to be upset that we used the name as an airsoft scenario. Instead, he thanks me for teaching the kids about the event and then shares that he was one of the Rangers that went in and rescued the only surviving pilot. I get all the kids back in the room, and he tells us the story from his perspective and made quite an impression on all of us. My sons are still talking about it....

I was at my friend from HS in Atlanta's dorm at UVA my freshman year, along w/ my freshman year roommate from Wake. We're sitting there and in walks two people from my Virginia HS.

It was crazy to have all 3 sets of friends together in one space, mind blower.

I call situations like that "friendship fantasy camp."

I have a friend from college that has the tendency to share inappropriate photos and articles with us. The one today was a post of a nude model on another friends Facebook page.

I wouldn't think anything of it, but I happen to have known the woman. I taught one of her kids. She's since gotten divorced, moved across the country, started body building, and now is a nude model that does sex videos.

I was in DC several years ago and hanging out with my old Wake buddies. They had this other couple over as well. The girl kept saying she felt like we had met before and going on and on. So, we play a little name game and this and that. Turns out she was my sister's good friend from college and she just recognized the mannerisms and similarities. It was weird.

Went to San Francisco and Napa with the wife last year and spent one night at Nick's Cove in Marshall, CA. Before dinner, we took a couple of drinks and went out to their fishing shack at the end of their pier. In the fishing shack, we struck up a conversation with two girls who were drinking and eating dinner. One of the girls said that she has a knack for meeting people and discovering random connections to them. Playing along, we ask a few questions and it turns out she lived in our condo complex in Alexandria, VA and taught at the same school here as one of our friends (a Wake grad) before moving to San Francisco a few years ago.

Back