• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

duffy has been giving me lots of tingles too, but I'm too unfamiliar with his playing style to have made a more informed assumption.

I like jtp as a baddie, for whatevers its worth. And it has nothing to do with how he plays mafia -- despite that weird post he made earlier today to that affect (effect?). Whatever.

You accuse me every game of being mafia.

every.

single.

game.

Just admit you can't read me worth a shit. You turd.

I am an East German spy that was recruitable. I've been in both cafes/chatzys.

example from London Cafe:

UMMM RUDE TIM DUNCAN. I got high with you once and that shit AIN'T FUCKING COOL, bro.

Example from Moscow Cafe:

I hope this makes gat happy. My panties were so bunched up as he clearly knows how to get me all kinds of riled up. As evidenced by my posts back to him.

---------------------------------
I knew I was recruitable from the beginning of the game. I didn't realize I could be recruited to the citizenry since I would have won with them anyway if not recruited.

Anywhoooo... I was recruited last night to being a citizen (town-aligned) and cannot be recruited by either mafia team at this point.

I have two tools which are still available to me or I can pass them out. I figured out more about these tools n1 and n2, but I have not used either or visited any players yet in the first 2 nights.

------------------------
While I won't yet explicitly say which either power is, I'll give a hint about one because it's Christmas in July:
tenor.gif

I figure with an hour left in the round this was a good time to reveal so y'all can discuss.

gat was being super weird towards me, but I currently read that more as an over-earnest civ thinking he got me somehow. I still believe that everyone is in at least one Cafe -- including the 4 that started out the game as anti-town.

I push buttons to get reactions. I know im clear and there are a handful of others that know it too. I was less thinking i got you than i was trying to understand the game and using you to do it.

DV7 or Rommy, you guys want to list it?

I plan on drinking with the wife tonight and reading the thread over. I'll have this shit broken wide open by 11pm, bro.

Alcohol is fuel for my brain machine.

You accuse me every game of being mafia.

every.

single.

game.

Just admit you can't read me worth a shit. You turd.

I honestly couldn't tell you if that is true or not. I just don't pay enough attention to you, I guess.

Just found out they cancelled Tour to Tanglewood. Bummer.

theres just a bunch of talk about crops and widgets. i can't make sense of it

Well, we saw that the baddie Russians had to know if those numbers posted were accurate or not to have their night actions count.

Could be true for the Brits as well, possibly?

Overnight, Da, Dove, Soviet civilian, politician was found killed.

In these tumultuous times you’re trying to keep your civilians safe, and you’re worried about the growing influence of intelligence agencies, foreign and domestic. You play a crucial role in the information wars that underpin this game. If either the Soviet farmer or factory worker are dead, you will receive the information they got and pass it along publicly, or you may choose not to. You need to make the Soviet Union sound strong, so you try and play up how many more crops and widgets you’re producing than Britain. You do so by PMing the mod at night with a report. It should say either “The USSR has a stronger crop yield than Britain” or “The USSR has produced more widgets than Britain.” This information will be passed along to Soviet intelligence mafia, who will have to determine whether the information is true or not. If they correctly guess whether the information is true, their night actions will succeed. If they are incorrect, their night actions will fail. Once you are dead or if you fail to submit a nightly report all mafia night actions will succeed unless another play can stop them. You win when all spooks are dead. You may visit the Moscow cafe at any time, and you may use any name you wish, apart from pretending to be a moderator.

It is now day 2. Deadline at 1:30. I will be away for most of day 2, please send any questions or night moves to parlay.

@manning - please make your name 'manning' in the british chat

@bym and dv7 - we suggest you do the same in the soviets chat. verify by posting something specifically declared in the chat (see my vote for duff)

so the brits and russians are the primary countries. each have a pol (not clear what they get for making their country seem strong), a news agent (who gets benefits for publishing accurate info), a farmer, a factory worker.

the news agent has to collect and publish the production info but can only get it through the thread or the cafe. but in both are the intelligence officers for other random countries (the recruitables).

the intel officers for other countries also get powers for collecting information (this is how manning unlocked his poison umbrella usage).

@bym and dv7 - we suggest you do the same in the soviets chat. verify by posting something specifically declared in the chat (see my vote for duff)

I already outed myself.

do you really need help on figuring out who I am in the Moscow Cafe?

Who is the dumb shit NOW

oh wait, its me

you wouldn't be in the Moscow chat. that would be bym

DAMMIT TO HELL

Vote Count (30 min left in day):

Mako - 4 (manning, bym, jtp, goalie)
Dv7 - 2 (jman, gat)
Goalie - 2 (dv7, sd3)
Manning - 1 (mako)
Redwing - 1 (d14)
Duff - 1 (rommy)

YTV - ryala, ph, redwing, duff