• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cold War Spy Mafia Game Thread: GAME OVER CIVS WIN

Also to GAT, i mentioned in the thread but working out the factions as you did was a basic menu of who the mafia should NOT recruit. Thats what I was pointing out during the game.

Im kind of a die-hard get-the-info-out-for-civs guy. i figure the maf knows more than i do so the risk is pretty low.

What was their chat like

Me and Gooner? I mean once you said what had happened we mostly thought it was funny. We were confused at first because gouda also died, which is what we were trying to do

The only game on the docket at the moment is a 7/20 start for the LARP Nerdfest World of Warcraft game with JTP and Knight co-modding.

Anyone want 7/27?

Townie, parlay, thanks for the game.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with double-agents and whatnot and i am glad it did not.

really enjoyed the cafe once we got down to a manageable size and figured out who was who. cool mechanic.

Yeah, I think people were tentative with the cafe. You re-roll this with a few tweaks (mainly just having 1 civ recruiter) and this game could get really wild. Not sure if either mafia took advantage of the two cafes but the answers to their questions were in there more often than not. The game was played tentatively early which I understood with the civs but the mafia had an advantage. It didn't feel like they played it.

PH didn't use any powers for the first 2 night, which was kind of surprising.

Speaking of PH, gat asked "who would recruit him?" I think he was duff's 1st recruit attempt.

The other surprising thing to me was with all the folks revealing they were spies in the cafes and then tejas making those reads, no clue how jhawk and rw survived. Also, I get folks were worried about RW being a target, but you know he comes with powers. Get him, use them and take the chance. Especially after people didn't pile on him the next day.

I'm not normally an advocate for longer deadlines, but there was so much going on in this game that it might have been a good idea to only do 2 deadlines each day.

This just bears out that games with a lot of recruitables are extremely swingy. You could easily run this again and if Duff or D14 hit on N0, its a very diff game. suddenly they have multiple members and the members all come with powers.

absolutely. Different, fun but a mystery with respect to balance.

Also I hate rommy. There was nothing wrong with my first three posts and I was a civ. I also gave you manning and rw as recruitable.

The OT switch was what it was. That was definitely worthy of my run up day 2. I both wanted to keep playing and knew I had both power and figured out who two other recruitable were. So I had something to offer to civs or mafia

welcome to my world every game --- except it's almost never rommy that does it to me and when he does, he's almost always bad.

The only game on the docket at the moment is a 7/20 start for the LARP Nerdfest World of Warcraft game with JTP and Knight co-modding.

Anyone want 7/27?
I can design something by then and I have a couple ideas. It's gonna be great!

Somebody be ready with game 2 by Tuesday afternoon.

I can design something by then and I have a couple ideas. It's gonna be great!

Somebody be ready with game 2 by Tuesday afternoon.

i can do 7.27 if no one wants to. I have a half-written game already. i just don't want to keep running games if others want to run.

i can do 7.27 if no one wants to. I have a half-written game already. i just don't want to keep running games if others want to run.
Nah, I feel like I owe the group a time in the mod seat since I've only run a basic game and co-modded with tejas a couple months ago.

It will be fun!

I hope, if things pick back up, that LOTR game gets another go. I'm a fan of that theme.

Back