• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Ok State was the biggest loss in Wake hoops history. We had a great shot at the Final Four.

Ok State was the biggest loss in Wake hoops history. We had a great shot at the Final Four.

Childress was sick that game. Tony Rutland 3 goes in and out. Rutherford for osu went off. A devastating loss.

Worse than the Mike (expletive deleted) Gansey game? I know that was only a second round game but I think we could have gotten past The Curse of the Nut Punch. I still can't believe we were put in Cleveland with the 'Eers.

Worse than the Mike (expletive deleted) Gansey game? I know that was only a second round game but I think we could have gotten past The Curse of the Nut Punch. I still can't believe we were put in Cleveland with the 'Eers.

Yes. We were a 1 seed...

West Virginia will always be the worst ever wake forest loss. That includes OkSt., Louisville in football, Cleveland St., Butler, and the recent Stanford loss in soccer. One for the ages.

No. OK State was Tim Duncan and Randolph Childress coming off an ACC Championship with a #1 seed in the Sweet Sixteen.

No. OK State was Tim Duncan and Randolph Childress coming off an ACC Championship with a #1 seed in the Sweet Sixteen.

Gotta go with WVU here. WVU was a team that should have had a #1 seed but for the nut punch and early ACC tourney loss. That team also had made the Sweet Sixteen the previous year (with a tough loss to St. Joe's, fucking Pat Carroll) and basically brought everyone back. That team was easily talented enough for a FF run.

People arguing this point should have to disclose whether they were fans at the time of both events. Your perspective may well differ depending on whether you lived through them.

Theory - anyone saying the WVU game was the worst WF loss wasn't around for the OKState game.

Lohengrin beat me to it.

WVU was more painful because of the nature of the game, but that Duncan-Childress team was the best in the country that year.

Theory - anyone saying the WVU game was the worst WF loss wasn't around for the OKState game.

Lohengrin beat me to it.

The 2005 season seemed destined for a painful end when CP3 punched Hodge. The 1995 team was on a roll, having won 12 in a row including the ACC Tournament. They seemed like a team of destiny. The OK State loss was much worse.

Back