• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball coaching changes

Why the hell hasn't Greg Marshall been hired at a major porgram yet? Guy can flat out coach.

Last edited:
Bruce Weber and OU have apparently had some discussions, with varying results from said discussions depending on whose Twitter feed you believe (or disbelieve) more.

Bruce Weber and OU have apparently had some discussions, with varying results from said discussions depending on whose Twitter feed you believe (or disbelieve) more.

He's already come out and said he's staying at Illinois.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Exclusive: Univ. of Miami coach Frank Haith negotiating with Missouri for basketball coaching job

Wouldn't blame him for leaving Miami. He could be a great, underrated hire for Mizzou.

Wouldn't blame him for leaving Miami. He could be a great, underrated hire for Mizzou.

He'd be a horrid hire for Mizzou. Mizzou is a good job. Why the hell are the settling for Haith already? My roommate is a Mizzou fan (and because of me he follows UMD/the ACC) and I'm pretty sure he's gonna murder someone if this happens.

Interesting. I actually really like Haith and think he can do well at a better job.

I didn't know Bzz could recruit 5* players at the worst job in the conference

It's worse to be a good recruiter/poor coach than a bad recruiter/bad coach?

Just more evidence for the IAI thesis that Marshall must be some unbelievable jackass.

It's definitely baffling that he hasn't been hired.

The Big South was very, very low major. He moved up a big step to Wichita State, which was still one of the bigger mid-major names in the country when he took over. He still hasn't gotten into the tourney with the Shockers. It's not really that baffling why a high major hasn't scooped him up yet.

It's worse to be a good recruiter/poor coach than a bad recruiter/bad coach?

Uhhhhh, que?

Both coaches have had roughly the same track record of success in their past 5 years of coaching. Arguably, [Redacted]'s has been better with his Air Force success.

But you're telling me that, since Haith has recruited 5* players, he must be a better hire? You do know that with all those 5* players he hasn't finished hire than 8th in the conference the past 3 years, right? Two of those years they finished last. Their "peak" under Haith was a 5th place finish one year with Jack McClinton one year.

I hear you on the recruiting thing to an extent. I'd love a coach to bring in good players. But if those players pay zero dividends, who cares?

Back