• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Basketball Sucks

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul

It's insufferable. Almost unwatchable.

/rant

I was told that the machine gun foul calls would abate once the players adjusted to new expectations. OOOOOOPS!

52 fouls called, 70 FTs attempted. In 40 minutes of basketball. Unwatchable.

Last edited:
LOL. We just have a bunch of sorry-ass fans who are pissed off that we won. It's really rather comical. The team is getting better, while the fans are getting worse.
bkf, what's the end game here? Getting better to what extent? Isn't our goal to make the NCAA Tournament AND advance in that tournament? I think we all know that's never gonna happen with this coach. We play away from the Joel and play a reasonably good team, and we get smoked. Every. Damn. Time.

The team is getting better? Looks like the same script to me. Edge out mediocre teams at home and get destroyed on the road. We won a toss-up game at home against a bad state team.

I suppose that everyone has framed his own goals, so there are probably a lot of different answers when you ask that question. My goal and your goal, for example, are probably two completely different things.

KING TROLL TROLLS LIKE KING

Amen. The quality of last nites game was horrendous. #22 for State (Turner?) he must have jacked up 6 or 8 long three pointers in the second half that were just horrendous shots. This is what basketall has degenerated to? It reminded me of a game at the local rec center. It took Bzz an entire half to see that man-to-man was advantage State never made any adjustment in the second half against our zone. Their shot selection was terrible most of the time. What did they go something like 11 or 12 straight shots without a make? I don't think I've ever seen that many moving screens called. a couple of which were suspect at best. I know I am old but the quality of the game is very inferior to what we saw 20 or 30 years ago. Perhaps the product of the AAU dunk and run. Not much high IQ nor fundamentals.

52 fouls called, 80 FTs attempted. In 40 minutes of basketball. Unwatchable.

Sorry, I fell asleep watching it at the 5:00 min. mark of the first half. I didn't get to see if we stormed the court. I figured if we stormed the court after beating the worst team in the ACC, we should have stormed the court after beating the second worse team in the ACC.

I suppose that everyone has framed his own goals, so there are probably a lot of different answers when you ask that question. My goal and your goal, for example, are probably two completely different things....but since you explicitly asked me what the end game is, here is what the "end game" is for me:

I want Wake Forest to win as many games as possible....while running a clean program with kids who stay out of trouble, play four years and graduate. I can tolerate an occasional player who leaves after three years...but never any who leave after only one or two years. I wish that Chris Paul, James Johnson, Jeff Teague & Al-Farouq Aminu had never gone to Wake Forest. They mean nothing to me.

And I don't think a player's jersey should ever be retired until he has graduated from the university....no matter what else he has accomplished on or off the court at Wake Forest or elsewhere, or if he has come back and donated $100 million to the school.

It would have been a terrible decision if Chris Paul came back and played for a third year. The kid was getting brutalized by defenders towards the end of his sophomore year. He was smart to look after his health and career by making a jump to the NBA that he was ready for.

Why should a athlete stay in college when they are ready to play at the next level and get paid? What benefit do they get from staying? You can always get your degree after going pro. Chris Paul, Jeff Teague, and James Johnson were good for Wake the fact you can't understand this makes you delusional.

I agree that college basketball sucks today...but it's not because there are more fouls being called. It's because the players have long since stopped playing by the goddamned rules of the game. If they played by the rules of the game, there would be no need to call all these fouls....and they are still only calling a small fraction of the rules violations in the games.

Predictable post is predictable

except rules are arbitrary boundaries put in place to shape gameplay, not to mention the definition of fouls. the league changes tweaks them every season in an attempt to make the game more fun to watch and make the product better. While technically true that they're "breaking the rules", it's possible that some tweaks make the game shitty to watch.

7 posts by bkf and not one mention of Bob Knight.

Foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul foul

It's insufferable. Almost unwatchable.

/rant

You forgot....

Foul foul foul foul foul timeout foul foul foul foul foul time out TV time out foul foul foul foul foul

You forgot....

Foul foul foul foul foul timeout foul foul foul foul foul time out TV time out foul foul foul foul foul

You forgot....

Foul foul foul foul review monitor foul timeout foul foul foul foul foultime out TV time out foul foul review monitor foul foul foul

You forgot....

Foul foul foul foul review monitor foul timeout foul foul foul foul foultime out TV time out foul foul review monitor foul foul foul

Not to mention...
Foul foul buffering... foul foul review monitor foul buffering... timeout foul foul foul buffering... foul foul time out TV time out foul foul buffering... review monitor foul foul foul

Back