• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel (2014-15 Edition)

What is the stink associated with Schiano? He had a bad deal with Tampa, so what? The guy won at Rutgers of all places and now for some reason can't get another gig. Spurrier effed it up with the Skins but came back to college and has won pretty big with SC. I am not understanding why Schiano is still unemployed.

I still don't get why people think Spurrier has been such a success at SC. He is 44-36 in the SEC with one division championship, no conference championships, and 83-45 overall. He was 11-2 three years in a row from 2011-2013. Other than that, he's an 8-5 coach.

I still don't get why people think Spurrier has been such a success at SC. He is 44-36 in the SEC with one division championship, no conference championships, and 83-45 overall. He was 11-2 three years in a row from 2011-2013. Other than that, he's an 8-5 coach.

a lot better than his predecessors

5 in a row vs clemson plus big wins like the one vs. defending champ bama also help

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that before Spurrier took over they hadn't had three consecutive winning seasons since 1934? Or that their finishes in the AP poll from 2011-13 are the three highest ever in school history? Or that that was the first and only SEC division championship in school history? Being an 8-5 coach at South Carolina is quite an accomplishment.

Sort of like how Jim Grobe is a God to many.

Geez, sounds like just a larger version of LOWF thinking. If 8-5 and one SEC division championship in ten years was the expectation, than bravo!

South Carolina went 1-21 just about 15 years ago, which would be the worst two-year stretch in WF football history. Most SC fans I know are pretty happy with the results, this year excepted.

South Carolina went 1-21 just about 15 years ago, which would be the worst two-year stretch in WF football history. Most SC fans I know are pretty happy with the results, this year excepted.

Except for the regularity with which they seem to beat UGA, as a Georgia fan I'm pretty happy with the results, too.

Until their first baseball championship, Scar was in the running for having the worst track record of any power conference athletics program..with the likes of Oregon state, Washington State, and Northwestern. Even LOWF's history blew them out of the water (and still probably does actually.m).

Except for the regularity with which they seem to beat UGA, as a Georgia fan I'm pretty happy with the results, too.

and what i thought was the case comes out, this is more of a decades long repulsion towards SOS than anything. leghumpers gonna leghump

and what i thought was the case comes out, this is more of a decades long repulsion towards SOS than anything. leghumpers gonna leghump

Actually, no. I grew up in NJ didn't move to GA until I was in my forties. My son enrolled at UGA in 2004. Up until then, I couldn't have given a rat's hairy ass about UGA, SC, or SOS. I used to root for GA Tech against UGA just because they were ACC. But when your son enrolls at and then graduates from a school, you tend to become a fan of that school.

Spurrier OWNS Mark Reicht and UGA for that matter no matter where he coaches.

Spurrier doing what he's done at one of the smaller SEC programs is amazing considering how rugged the SEC is. If he were back in the ACC he'd own it no matter the program he took over.

I ceded the point in an earlier post that Spurrier beats UGA with regularity. Looking it up, Spurrier and Richt are 5-5 against each other as head coaches.

I ceded the point in an earlier post that Spurrier beats UGA with regularity. Looking it up, Spurrier and Richt are 5-5 against each other as head coaches.

Would have never guessed that.

Looks like Mike Bobo to Colorado State is a done deal, at least they are very very close.

Bud Foster signed a five year extension today.

Hmph..guess I was wrong. Disappointing, he was the best candidate I've seen mentioned for the tamu job and Beemer ball ain't headed nowhere

Hmph..guess I was wrong. Disappointing, he was the best candidate I've seen mentioned for the tamu job and Beemer ball ain't headed nowhere

It's understandable to have been wrong, seeing as it's a ridiculously dumb move by VT.

Back