• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Week 8 Thread

Lol Georgia.....don't expect them to actually lose this game, but...

I'd love to see what type of bidding wars would open up if Auburn, Georgia, and Texas were all searching for new coaches this off season.

And don't forget the other UT; the one in Knoxville very well might be looking for a new coach.

I'd love to see what type of bidding wars would open up if Auburn, Georgia, and Texas were all searching for new coaches this off season.

Kirby Smart would go to UGA if Richt is canned.

Charlie Strong, Tuberville, and Petrino are all options for the other schools.

Don't forget about Arkansas either!

And maybe Tennessee too...

ETA: Way late on this.

No way Mack gets fired. If he were however, that's a bidding was Texas would win in terms of $$.

Kirby Smart would go to UGA if Richt is canned.

Charlie Strong, Tuberville, and Petrino are all options for the other schools.

Don't forget about Arkansas either!

If Texas has a lick of sense they will do what needs to be done to hire Gary Patterson. I feel pretty certain they would never hire Tuberville or Petrino. Strong's record so far probably isn't sufficient for their egos either.

Texas is the least likely of those schools to can their coach, and Georgia is riiiight there with them (but if Richt tanks this season... hoo boy).

Texas is the least likely of those schools to can their coach, and Georgia is riiiight there with them (but if Richt tanks this season... hoo boy).

UGA is going to go 10-2 so Richt is safe. If he were to get fired though, I would imagine UGA has the inside track for Kirby Smart.

Yeah, Mack and Richt likely won't be canned, but they should.....

How has Dooley lasted so long at Tennessee? It's not like Tennessee doesn't have the support or money to fill that position with a big name.

If Texas has a lick of sense they will do what needs to be done to hire Gary Patterson. I feel pretty certain they would never hire Tuberville or Petrino. Strong's record so far probably isn't sufficient for their egos either.

Dabo has done a decent enough job, but I'll never forgive our AD for not hiring Patterson.

How has Dooley lasted so long at Tennessee? It's not like Tennessee doesn't have the support or money to fill that position with a big name.

Two words: Lane Kiffen.

Two words: Lane Kiffen.

Yeah, there had to be SOME stability (even if the stability was reliable as a stool with 1 leg held up only by duct tape and a 300 pound man sitting on it).

Despite it's history, Tennessee's athletic department reported a $5M shortfall last year. They can't afford to fire Dooley especially if the reports that they are still paying Phat Phil's buyout are true.

Yeah, there had to be SOME stability (even if the stability was reliable as a stool with 1 leg held up only by duct tape and a 300 pound man sitting on it).

Still, I know Tennessee Reds, and this is unacceptable.

A UNC player just ran onto the field as a late sub and just trucked Connor Vernon before the play started. There wasn't a flag, it should have been an ejection.

Despite it's history, Tennessee's athletic department reported a $5M shortfall last year. They can't afford to fire Dooley especially if the reports that they are still paying Phat Phil's buyout are true.

Wow, that's surprising.

Stay classy Carolina. Might be the biggest cheap shot I've ever seen

Wofford took care of business at the Rock tonight.

Back