• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coming to Syracuse?

TexanMark

Reaction score
I'll check in over the next week and try to answer any questions for any of you trekking north. No snow yet in Cuse...it hasn't gone below freezing yet this Fall but the higher elevations 70 miles NE of the city had some snow today. The Carrier Dome on game day will be dry and 72 degrees...with a 100% chance of beer flowing to the general public.

This will answer a lot of your questions http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/

The best Cuse forum is an Indy board like this and you can view it at http://www.syracusefan.com

Beer sold in the Dome during games? That's awesome.

Hasn't gone below 32 yet? It's supposed to dip below up north here tomorrow.

Beer sold in the Dome during games? That's awesome.

Hasn't gone below 32 yet? It's supposed to dip below up north here tomorrow.

The Lake (Ontario) keeps it warmer in the Fall...then it becomes evil as it becomes a snow generator of epic proportions in a few more weeks. Syracuse gets hit hard but 30-45 miles north in Oswego County is unreal at times.

lake_effect_feb07_snowfall.jpg

I enjoyed my trip to Syracuse the last time we played up there. Went to the game, spent a day in cooperstown at the HOF, and hit up ommegang brewery and dinosaur BBQ.

I can only stand upstate NY for a week or two in the summer. The rest of the time, ugh. Can't believe it is now ACC country.

Class of 82 WFU grad here, from Annapolis but went to law school at Columbia and have lived in NY ever since. We have a vacation house on Skaneateles Lake, which is just south of Syracuse. It is unbelievably beautiful for those of you who haven't been up here.

Can't make the game this year but look forward to the Deacs being up in our area every now and then. Once bzzzzzzz gets fired, as must happen before I ever care about Wake hoops again, I will even go to a basketball game and issue an invitation to whoever is on this board and needs a place to stay for the game. Our little vacation house isn't a palace but it is right on the lake and we have room for guests. We can't house all of you, obviously, but we'll do what we can to host as many of you as possible. After bzzzzz gets the axe and we have a game in Syracuse I'll be back to see who needs a place to stay when you visit the great white north.

Class of 82 WFU grad here, from Annapolis but went to law school at Columbia and have lived in NY ever since. We have a vacation house on Skaneateles Lake, which is just south of Syracuse. It is unbelievably beautiful for those of you who haven't been up here.

Can't make the game this year but look forward to the Deacs being up in our area every now and then. Once bzzzzzzz gets fired, as must happen before I ever care about Wake hoops again, I will even go to a basketball game and issue an invitation to whoever is on this board and needs a place to stay for the game. Our little vacation house isn't a palace but it is right on the lake and we have room for guests. We can't house all of you, obviously, but we'll do what we can to host as many of you as possible. After bzzzzz gets the axe and we have a game in Syracuse I'll be back to see who needs a place to stay when you visit the great white north.

THE FOURTH STRATTON?

Working on the PhD at Brandeis now. A few Deacons from the Boston area considering the trip, but a little worried about the drive.

I am going to the game. Looking forward to checking out the game and the new ACC Country. Not looking forward to possibly freezing my balls off (outside of the Dome).

I enjoyed my trip to Syracuse the last time we played up there. Went to the game, spent a day in cooperstown at the HOF, and hit up ommegang brewery and dinosaur BBQ.

Must have crossed paths several times. We toured N Falls , wine country, etc. before the game. Great four day trip except for the last part or the game.

I'm still trying to figure out how we lost up there last time we visited...

Back