• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coming to Syracuse?

MBA, how many extras might you have? My parents are looking for tickets I think and don't want to spend the $60+ face.

And are you the fellow Bills fan with the dogs who lived on my old street?

When we played there 2 years ago, it was Labor Day weekend and the Carrier Dom has no air conditioning . I almost suffocated in there. And after the game, some drunk Cuse fans were verbally abusive to WFU fans for no reason. I would never make that trip again . The town sucked as well.

When we played there 2 years ago, it was Labor Day weekend and the Carrier Dom has no air conditioning . I almost suffocated in there. And after the game, some drunk Cuse fans were verbally abusive to WFU fans for no reason. I would never make that trip again . The town sucked as well.

That was a very uncomfortable day...I was up one row from the top...it was 95 up there. You won't have an issue with the heat now LOL. I'd give Syracuse another chance...as a conference mate now I don't think you'll have as many problems. The Clemson fans thought they were well treated. You can't always avoid jackholes but our fans usually aren't abusive to visitors.

For those not having tickets..don't worry...you can get some on the street for about $20 each and you can sit in Sections 111-112 where WF fans will be sitting.

Class of 82 WFU grad here, from Annapolis but went to law school at Columbia and have lived in NY ever since. We have a vacation house on Skaneateles Lake, which is just south of Syracuse. It is unbelievably beautiful for those of you who haven't been up here.

Can't make the game this year but look forward to the Deacs being up in our area every now and then. Once bzzzzzzz gets fired, as must happen before I ever care about Wake hoops again, I will even go to a basketball game and issue an invitation to whoever is on this board and needs a place to stay for the game. Our little vacation house isn't a palace but it is right on the lake and we have room for guests. We can't house all of you, obviously, but we'll do what we can to host as many of you as possible. After bzzzzz gets the axe and we have a game in Syracuse I'll be back to see who needs a place to stay when you visit the great white north.

LOL your little shanty surely cost more than most posters' McMansions on this forum. I know Skaneateles Lake and it is my favorite Finger Lake and the most beautiful setting in CNY. Props to you for having a camp on the lake.

LOL your little shanty surely cost more than most posters' McMansions on this forum. I know Skaneateles Lake and it is my favorite Finger Lake and the most beautiful setting in CNY. Props to you for having a camp on the lake.
Thanks Tex. You get first dibs for a place to stay if you come on up for a basketball game. PM me to get the address and directions. One question: How are you Texan if you know that the proper name for a house on Skaneateles Lake is "camp"? That is serious local knowledge.

Anyway, to clear up any confusion, I picked my screen name way before the other Strattons became board celebs. It is, of course, in honor of Otter in Animal House. I had no idea that the name would become famous on the board for other reasons, though I support their cause in the name of Strattons everywhere, including Dorothy (image search that one if you are too young to remember her).

Lifelong Syracuse fan (for reference, I grew up near Redfield on the snow map posted on page 1 of this thread) and Class of '01 Wake grad, so I will be at the game on Saturday and I will be seriously conflicted. Since arriving in W-S in the fall of 1997 my allegiance has always been with the Deacs, but this will be a tough one, especially with Donovan McNabb being honored at halftime. I cultivated my love of college football with those early- to mid-90s Syracuse teams ... my favorite football player of all time is Marvin Harrison, followed closely by Don McNabb, and I own a Rob Konrad jersey for God's sake. It's going to bring back lots of good memories to stand in the cold and drink Labatt Blue in some sketchy ass parking lot before hitting a couple shops on Marshall Street and walking up to the Dome. If anyone else plans on being at the game, I'll be the random guy wearing both Wake and Syracuse gear.

Thanks Tex. You get first dibs for a place to stay if you come on up for a basketball game. PM me to get the address and directions. One question: How are you Texan if you know that the proper name for a house on Skaneateles Lake is "camp"? That is serious local knowledge.

Anyway, to clear up any confusion, I picked my screen name way before the other Strattons became board celebs. It is, of course, in honor of Otter in Animal House. I had no idea that the name would become famous on the board for other reasons, though I support their cause in the name of Strattons everywhere, including Dorothy (image search that one if you are too young to remember her).

Born and raised in Syracuse...USAF sent to me to Texas in 2000. Texan in name only...CNYer by blood. BTW, I have a camp up near Sackets Harbor. Just closed it down for the season a couple weeks ago.

BTW, I heard they are reopening Krebs in Skinny-Atlas.
Skaneateles_2.jpg

Sackets Harbor
harbor-aerial.jpg

Last edited:
The garbage plate is primarily a Rochester thing, and they're fucking fantastic at all hours of the day, especially at breakfast with eggs and sausage on it instead of a burger or zweigle. I've got friends from Buffalo who've never heard of them though, not sure about Syracuse.

Sackets Harbor is boss, spent quite a bit of time traveling there while I was growing up, although our summer stomping grounds were Sodus Point

That clears it up. Just took my boat out of the water on Sunday. The lake level is low again so I dinged my prop when I ran aground down by the Glen Haven ramp. Our camp is at the south end of the lake (North Glen Haven Road, on the west side, where the old Glen Haven sanitarium used to be). I've never made it up to Sacket's Harbor but everyone says it's beautiful.

They are reopening Kreb's but the place has been under construction for like 2 years and there seems to be no end in sight. Not sure what the target reopening date is.

Born and raised in Syracuse...USAF sent to me to Texas in 2000. Texan in name only...CNYer by blood. BTW, I have a camp up near Sackets Harbor. Just closed it down for the season a couple weeks ago.

BTW, I heard they are reopening Krebs in Skinny-Atlas.
Skaneateles_2.jpg

Sackets Harbor
harbor-aerial.jpg

my dad grew up in glen haven. we used to visit his parents every summer.

Last edited:
Cool. Small world. Glen Haven is so tiny I'm surprised anyone on the Wake sports board has a connection to it. When was the last time you were at the lake?

they passed back in 1986 so it's been a long time unfortunately. they lived on the east side. could walk up to the hotel and dock. it was a great place to visit as a kid.

TexanMark, have you ever had one of these while the sun was still up? http://whatscookingamerica.net/Foto4/GarbagePlate1.JPG My first was in Rochester, but never had the manhood to try it before 2:00 am.

Like others said...Garbage Plates are a Rahchester thing...the Dinosaur BBQ in Cuse I heard does one in their own special way. I have never had a garbage plate though...I usually stick to eating bad at tailgates.

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/03/27/5-iconic-upstate-new-york-eats

One thing I know: Food is awesome and varied in Upstate NY...so many local restaurants.

If you want to go into a meat induced coma Syracuse has a Texas de Brazil at Destiny.

Last edited:
We hit Dinosaur in '11. Really liked their fire roasted chicken wings.

Back