• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Commencement

MysteryMen

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
Surprised there's not a thread on this already, but Stephen Colbert's Commencement address today was hilarious. Lots of really great Wake Forest references, it was clear he did his homework.

Hopefully Wake puts the video online.

It's already online for now:

http://livestream.com/wfu/commencement2015

Skip to 1:11.

He snuck in a tame Carolina joke, a "duke sucks," a Dean Shore shoutout, and a Paul Blart Mall Cop joke. Great speech. Very well researched.

Last edited:
Integration joke was great. Especially when they follow it up with a very homogeneous scan of the graduating class.

And yes, he (or his writers) definitely did research on Wake.

Integration joke was great. Especially when they follow it up with a very homogeneous scan of the graduating class.

And yes, he (or his writers) definitely did research on Wake.

Yeah, it was kiiiind of funny when they panned the crowd and it was really, really white.
I appreciated the 'you saved a lot of toilet paper' comment, as well as the shout-out to Dean Shore.

Classic Hatch calling it the Colbert ReporT with a hard "T". I would have put $20 bucks down beforehand that he would do that

thought it was hilarious and very very well done. loved the dean shore shoutout,"duke sucks" WakFo and all the hatch nicknames especially.

Last edited:
Oh yeah - the hatch nicknames were great. No mention of 'natty o'hatch' though... that's what I call him in my head.

"(Rolling the quad) really sticks it to the trees. Covering a tree with the processed pump of its relatives, that sends a harsh message!"

I watched it in person and missed provost rogans expressions. Those were priceless as I rewatched at home.

I have never seen a commencement as packed as today. Many faculty and staff said they hadn't been in years but decided to come today because it was Colbert.

How about, " love the tradition of rolling the quad after victories, and well with the won .loss record makes you a green campus"

That Tinder/Grndr joke was pretty funny, too.

Integration bit was the best, though.

This has to be one of the best days of Dean Shore's life. Those of you who went to Wake in the pre-Facebook era probably have no idea what a major figure he has become(/creepily made himself into)

This has to be one of the best days of Dean Shore's life. Those of you who went to Wake in the pre-Facebook era probably have no idea what a major figure he has become(/creepily made himself into)

Last time I checked THIS MORNING, he had nearly 1000 likes on his Facebook comment about Colbert's shoutout. Deserved.

Back