• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COMPUTER HELP PLEASE

Are we sure this is a firefox problem? I haven't read teh whole thread, but you're able to connect in other browsers (internet explorer, for example)?

I'm on using IE, but I have some problems with it sometimes.

i'm also having problems witjh Outlook that no one can figure out.

I'd just try a complete uninstall and re-install of firefox fwiw.

would try Chrome as mentioned.

if the Firefox process was still running for some reason, nothing would pop up when you click on the Icon.

that is odd about the Admin and Pwd stuff, you might want to update your antivirus and make a sweep.

I would boot up in safe mode and download and run Malwarebytes. Anytime this much weird shit is happening you probably have some sort of virus or spyware.

I would boot up in safe mode and download and run Malwarebytes. Anytime this much weird shit is happening you probably have some sort of virus or spyware.

I concur.

I thought if I started in safe I couldn't get to the internet.

Outstanding, outstanding tags. You should all give yourself a pat on the back.

I thought if I started in safe I couldn't get to the internet.

Safe mode with networking. Of course, you can always download and install Malwarebytes before you boot into Safe Mode since whatever problem you have doesn't seem to be preventing you from accessing the internet all together.

Also, if you get another error message script, copy and paste the text here.

I'll probably try this near the end of the day. I'll be able make a fuckup then and not worry.

Thanks.

I've been running this Malwarebytes thing for about two hours...how long does it take?

If you're doing a full scan then 2+ hours isn't out of the ordinary.

Back