• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COMPUTER HELP PLEASE

tanks...it's over 3 hours now and over 220,000 objects...whatever the hell that is..

I ran the the things and got rid of the items, but I keep on getting "connection refused".

WTF does that mean?

Have you tried just doing a complete uninstall of firefox, and then downloading it again and reinstalling?

RJ - What version of Windows are you on?

Another hail mary I can think of:

Launch the command prompt (see ITK's post earlier) and execute the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

From the sound of it, it's a Firefox specific problem.

Hmm, so is the "connection refused" thing only happening firefox? or every now and then in Internet Explorer as well?

nope and actually I called my cable company because I was getting the same message RE:Outlook.

I can get to this board via AOL but not IE.

So the AOL browser still works?

(Also, you still have AOL?!?!)

It's free and right about now I'm glad I kept it.

It allows me to keep some old email people in place of their own.

Yep the AOL browser works....actually the IE works for almost everything other than OGB...but it errors out some pages.

.. and firefox doesn't work on any sites at all?

can't even get it to load...is this driving you to drink or smoke more?

You don't have AOL for Broadband do you?

I think that's what I have.....what they do is give it to you free if you have another carrier....I get mine through my cable company....

Do you have to login to AOL to get Firefox and IE to work normally?

Are you sure AOL didn't push down an update without you knowing? Because I have clients who use this and they have to be logged into AOL to get IE or Firefox to work and that's the error they get if they are not logged on....

Back