• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Computer question

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I am puzzled and a bit worried about something that is happening on my computer.

My mouse is jumping all over the place. It's brand new.

How can I fix it?

Have you tried using the mouse on a different mousepad/surface?

I've had a couple mice that just wouldn't work on my current pad and had to use a different one.

Is it a wired or wireless mouse? Is there anything nearby that could be interfering with it?

It's wireless...my anti-virus updates every day......

Seconded on the mouse surface. I had a MX1000 mouse that was finnicky on pretty much every surface.

It jumps around....my settings are all in the middle.

memes-youll-do-it-eventually.jpg

Are you also having trouble unlocking doors, spilling your soup and such? Probably just the shakes...take a couple shots of whiskey.

You could uninstall it, restart your computer, then reinstall it. You could also go to your device manager and try to update the drivers for it.

I'd check the mouse. Some of the optical mice don't work with just any surface. Try different mouspads, pieces of paper, etc and see if it works better.

the first step to troubleshooting would be to try it with a different mouse, if not that try different software.

also, google your problem, most of the time you are not the only one with probem X.

lastly, ask the question on toms hardware or sharky extreme forums or something similar.

i hope u get it fixed. btw if the mouse is totally new it;s probably the mouse itself, u got a lemon

Back