• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

Regardless of who's in charge and what the back story is, can we all agree that as of late (at least last basketball season to now), concessions have sucked ass? They've run out of all manners of food early in games (I remember them running out of chips or fries in the first half of a basketball game last year), credit card machines have been down stadium-wide (which should never happen), and hot food has been cold on a number of occasions.

The idea to sell beer, while a good idea, was executed horribly. People stand in line with no hopes of even getting in.

We??? Sounds like StrickDeac just outed him/herself as an Athletic Dept employee or possibly an Ovations employee. Those would be the only two who would give a sh!t enough about what happened over there to defend it.

Regardless, the facts are that: 1) the Tower food and game day food suck now. That has been well-documented by posters on this Board, recent Grille patrons, and current and former Tower suite owners.; 2) Ovations was brought in as a cheaper food alternative and was clearly a horrible choice. You get what you pay for.; and 3) Two people, and two people alone, are responsible for #1 and #2 - Randy Casstevens and Ron Wellman. Period. The buck stops there. And, unless you're an Athletic Dept or Ovations shill who believes that if you keep blowing sunshine up everyone's butt they'll finally believe it, you can't dispute those facts.

There is something about StrickDeac's posting style that seems familiar. What other poster has been so quick to point out misspellings while continually defending the athletic director and his employees? I keep thinking I've read this shit before.

Ovations does concessions for GSO and they don't have these logistical problems.

The buck STOPS with the Associate Athletic Director, Finance.

The food in the suites is pretty bad nowadays. There is also a serving size minimum of like 25 people now.

Ovations does concessions for GSO and they don't have these logistical problems.

Yeah, I think the GSO concessions are pretty good. Not the best food in the world, but decent for stadium concessions.

It's all about how much you are willing to pay.

Aramark and others cater for a huge range of situations, from prisons to 5 star banquets. Wake's budget is clearly closer to the former than the latter.

Hope you are all enjoying your PSLs

I'm guessing things will get better if our teams get better and we start selling tickets again.

It's sad the AD had to pretend like they "couldn't be happier" with the direction of the program rather than being candid about how terrible things were.

I'm guessing things will get better if our teams get better and we start selling tickets again.

It's sad the AD had to pretend like they "couldn't be happier" with the direction of the program rather than being candid about how terrible things were.

Never have I ever heard the Athletic Department publicly admit that they made a mistake. Like I said, the Athletic Department subscribes to the theory that if you blow sunshine up people's butts long enough, they will eventually believe it. They clearly think that the fan base is ignorant and are tantamount to lemmings that will do and believe what they are told, regardless of the plain truth staring them in the face. It's pure arrogance and a lack of respect, but yet they have the audacity to ask us to contribute. The Athletic Department would be much more highly respected and regarded and wouldn't be in the current financial crisis, if they would simply get out in front of issues, instead of trying to cover them up or act as if they don't exist to save their self-imagined reputation.

Last edited:
Never have I ever heard the Athletic Department publicly admit that they made a mistake. Like I said, the Athletic Department subscribes to the theory that if you blow sunshine up people's butts long enough, they will eventually believe it. They clearly think that the fan base is ignorant and are tantamount to lemmings that will do and believe what they are told, regardless of the plain truth staring them in the face. It's pure arrogance and a lack of respect, but yet they have the audacity to ask us to contribute. The Athletic Department would be much more highly respected and regarded and wouldn't be in the current financial crisis, if they would simply get out in front of issues, instead of trying to cover them up or act as if they don't exist to save their self-imagined reputation.

This perfectly summarizes my feelings on the Athletic Department.

In positive news, Saturday was the law alumni weekend, and we were greated with kegs of dogfish head and some pretty good BBQ.

Last edited:

10000% correct, which makes it even more insulting given how intelligent the average Wake fan/graduate is.

4 years of [Redacted] proved them correct.

Back