• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

Never have I ever heard the Athletic Department publicly admit that they made a mistake. Like I said, the Athletic Department subscribes to the theory that if you blow sunshine up people's butts long enough, they will eventually believe it. They clearly think that the fan base is ignorant and are tantamount to lemmings that will do and believe what they are told, regardless of the plain truth staring them in the face. It's pure arrogance and a lack of respect, but yet they have the audacity to ask us to contribute. The Athletic Department would be much more highly respected and regarded and wouldn't be in the current financial crisis, if they would simply get out in front of issues, instead of trying to cover them up or act as if they don't exist to save their self-imagined reputation.

In theory, this all gets fixed once we have a new AD. I do worry about Hatch driving the process. It's hard to quantify the degree of change in the college sports landscape since RW took over. Wake sports are operating in a VERY different environment now. We need to be looking at candidates with very different credentials and experience than the ones that fit the bill in the early 90s.

In positive news, Saturday was the law alumni weekend, and we were greated with kegs of dogfish head and some pretty good BBQ.

Notably, we refused to use Ovations for the food (there are handful of approved vendors - not stuck with Ovations like in the tower). And the Dogfish Head was supplied by the GC of Dogfish Head (yes, she has the best job ever in the legal field). The only things the Athletics department took care of were the tent and the tables/chairs. Hope you had a good time - we would like to keep growing the weekend as a whole, and specifically, the tailgate.

Notably, we refused to use Ovations for the food (there are handful of approved vendors - not stuck with Ovations like in the tower). And the Dogfish Head was supplied by the GC of Dogfish Head (yes, she has the best job ever in the legal field). The only things the Athletics department took care of were the tent and the tables/chairs. Hope you had a good time - we would like to keep growing the weekend as a whole, and specifically, the tailgate.

We had a great time. There were about 20 people from my class there, and I will definitely be back next season.

I'm guessing things will get better if our teams get better and we start selling tickets again.

It's sad the AD had to pretend like they "couldn't be happier" with the direction of the program rather than being candid about how terrible things were.

Taking 4 years to force out a coach with a 51-76 record shouldn't be seen as a positive result.

Agreed. [Redacted] was allowed to stay way too long. It wouldn't have taken so long at a bigger school.

The fan base essentially had to go to war with Wellman to make it happen. All of this concessions shit would never have been brought up if Wellman could have just admitted a mistake . The fans needed to attack Wellman on all possible fronts. It's not going to be the same until that arrogant ass retires.

Agreed. [Redacted] was allowed to stay way too long. It wouldn't have taken so long at a bigger school.

The fan base essentially had to go to war with Wellman to make it happen. All of this concessions shit would never have been brought up if Wellman could have just admitted a mistake . The fans needed to attack Wellman on all possible fronts. It's not going to be the same until that arrogant ass retires.

You have to be truly delusional if you think the fan base is what caused Wellman to finally get rid of Bzd.

You have to be truly delusional if you think the fan base is what caused Wellman to finally get rid of Bzd.

Thus the problem with Wellman.

Oh, I think Wellman was down for year 5. I think Bzdeliks cloud actually started to hurt the entire University through Wake Will. Ron was forced to fire his BFF. He still believed in him. His presser was a man unwilling to let go. Thankfully the smug asshole walked out to a rolled quad. That had to sting a little.

Wake continues to re-arrange the deck chairs and fewer applaud.

My answer to concessions as it has always been: Tailgating. My answer to Wellman over the last years: None, other than frustration.

Last home game I talked to a lady who had to wait ten minutes for bacon on her hamburger. She wasn't ordering anything special; that is the way the burger is advertised. I then ordered nachos. They came without jalapenos. When I told them I needed jalapenos, they said they did not have any. I told them that would not work, as that is part of nachos. The befuddled employee asked a manager what to do. He said to give me my money back. Then, a miracle happened and someone opened a can of jalapenos. This is the definition of bush league, except that would be an insult to minor league baseball....

So who's running the AD these days?

Could we have some BSD investigative reporting?

Yeah, that's the problem with this anti-social form of social media. Sometimes, you don't know with whom you're communicating. Some people who claim to know "the facts" are, in actuality, receiving their information third-hand. They're getting it from, oh, let's say for example, their daddy who is being spoon-fed a biased version that the Athletic Department wants them to believe. These people, then, go online to spread this third-hand info and, ironically, wind up encountering people who really know what went down and how it went down - first-hand, i.e. the facts.

LOL what a fucking joke

I guess it's cheaper in the long run to not have enough of a product instead of having too much of it. Especially for our cheap ass small time AD.

I didn't go to concessions today despite really wanting to because the lines were ridiculous. I can't imagine what would have happened if god forbid the place was at 50% of capacity. AD leaving lots of money on the table. No wonder they had to up the parking prices from $8 to $10

The Keurig tent in the parking lot was efficient and the coffee was a welcome treat.

This stuff with the concessions is just mind-boggling.

Yeah, that's the problem with this anti-social form of social media. Sometimes, you don't know with whom you're communicating. Some people who claim to know "the facts" are, in actuality, receiving their information third-hand. They're getting it from, oh, let's say for example, their daddy who is being spoon-fed a biased version that the Athletic Department wants them to believe. These people, then, go online to spread this third-hand info and, ironically, wind up encountering people who really know what went down and how it went down - first-hand, i.e. the facts.

Huh?

Back