• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Actually pretty excited about this. Call me crazy, but I think there's a world where Stanford and Cal can both be above average to really good football programs once they get out of the Pac 12 blackhole (Stanford especially obv). The west coast is absolutely beautiful, and this is a good excuse to make some fall trips to wine country. I'm all for this.

Actually pretty excited about this. Call me crazy, but I think there's a world where Stanford and Cal can both be above average to really good football programs once they get out of the Pac 12 blackhole (Stanford especially obv). The west coast is absolutely beautiful, and this is a good excuse to make some fall trips to wine country. I'm all for this.
There need to be some Wake packages where you stay in wine country for a couple of days and get transportation to and from the game. I'm not above tailgating with a big napa cab and some charcuterie.

There need to be some Wake packages where you stay in wine country for a couple of days and get transportation to and from the game. I'm not above tailgating with a big napa cab and some charcuterie.
Class it up so they won't think we're a bunch of safety school yokels.

I am already brainstorming on having some local wineries host/sponsor some tailgates. I am friends with a few smaller winemakers out here that would be down for football related business expense.

Jim Ryan at UVA was a first generation college student who graduated summa cum laude with a degree in American Studies from Yale. Got a full scholarship to Virginia for law school.

He clerked for the 9th Circuit as well as Chief Justice Rehnquist before joining the faculty at UVA Law.

He’s also a big sports guy.
That is freakin' impressive. I bet UVA beats our ass for a few more decades then.

Yeh hoping it’s not bad. Already been called by guard unit. Not sure I’ll ever be over seeing what I saw during Ian last year. Granted won’t really matter. SEC will have way with ACC teams this weekend!

Do it just to have another fl school in case FSU takes off or do it to make them suck it.

Class it up so they won't think we're a bunch of safety school yokels.
The college admissions scandal should forever end any thought we are anything other than a Tier 1 undergrad institution. Yale, Georgetown, Stanford, Wake Forest. Best publicity money can buy.

Lots of good wines on the Central Coast too, especially if you're into Chardonnay.

SMU is about to get absolutely thumped in basketball for a while. They finished 12th in the AAC last season.

Yes, but they gain a leg up for recruiting in North Texas from joining the ACC. A dude like Timme probably goes to SMU instead of Gonzaga if they were there 5 years ago.

Confident that there will be plenty of Napa excursions for the large country club set among Wake alumni. Have we figured out how to properly account for these trips on the Scoreboard of Life?

Back