• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I mean you're posting about this on the Wake message boards. Sure I guess they theoretically could have done that but there's no way the "eight biggest fanbases" were going to get together and agree on it given the history of the ACC, geography, traditional rivalries, etc. that several of those fanbases are interested in at least maintaining some semblance of.
I don't see the joy in securing a great seat on a plane that's destined to crash.

why are y’all arguing with this fucking ghoul. Dude lost all credibility on this board long ago to the point where he had to change his name to get away from his awful takes.
It's always great to hear from my biggest fan. This is a math problem and it won't work long-term. I can see why you love it so much.

I suppose you could argue that the ACC's inaction leading up to today over the last few years may be the reason the ACC "will" collapse. Adding schools to guarantee that FSU, UNC, and Clemson won't try and invoke the nuclear option to dissolve the conference while almost locking up the ACC existing in some form beyond this band of GORs over the next decade doesn't really seem like a "collapse"

Again, nothing short of adding a current team or two in the SEC/Big 10 was going to satiate FSU's delusional greed regarding their own self-worth so it's not really worth entertaining.

Today's decision beyond a doubt guarantees a more secure future for the ACC not going down the Pac 12 route.

If the eight biggest fanbases dissolved the ACC and reconstituted and put their regained rights back on the market on a shorter term deal, they would have done better than locking themselves into the death spiral of this current deal.

Yeah, the guy who signed the death spiral current deal was a UNC grad and former UNC administrator

Just need the ACC to survive until the remaining Power 4 conferences merge into a super conference, separate from the NCAA, and then realign the teams into two divisions in geographic regions (North, South, East, West) and adopt a playoff format similar to the NFL.

Back